• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finished My Franklin Set

15 posts in this topic

Well, I finally finished my Franklin Set. This was a more difficult task than I thought it would be - to find nice non full bell line coins. Now all I need to do is finish imaging and start looking for reasonable upgrades - first of which will probably be the 49-D.

Bill

My Frankie Set

Only one date, 1953-S FBL, gets more than 3 points in MS64 or MS64FBL. It gets 2753 in MS64FBL! For some reason, NGC wont give any points to the highly collectible MS64 dates and particularly those with FBL's, such as 49-D, 50-D, 52-S, 53 etc. There have been several requests for these issues to be recognized, but they have not changed the scores.

I was curious about the 49-D also as it seemed to me that a score of 3 was ridiculous, and I wondered why NGC did not score coins individually at this grade based on merit. Of course I was not so concerned as to ask the question! tongue.gif

Just finished my 20th Century Type set which I am really pleased with. I do not intend to add the gold pieces but will still look for a couple of upgrades here and there.

Bill

20th Century Type Set - Non-Proofs Only

Outstanding collection!! Must have taken a lot of effort, strategy and dedication to this series to complete such a fine collection. I do not collect Franklins and wonder why you chose to goi with non FBL coins? Sure it saved you a ton of money and the non-FBL coins are most likely as nice FBL coins.

Sounds like the Jefferson FS and non FS collector's who don't want to pay a large premium for coins that are as nice as FS coins. Why not post why you made the decision to go withut FBL coins. Would be a real education to new and prospective Franklin Collector's. Great Collection!!