• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How did this happen? posted by wmfielding

13 posts in this topic

Apparently a 1962 25c PF69UC is worth 38469 points now, and a 1972 25c PF69UC is worth 54836 points.

Also my 1981 T2 25c PF70UC is worth 79523 points.

Obviously a mistake has been made and it will get fixed at some point so I will have a HUGE red number in my page, I try to avoid any red numbers. :banana:

Both of my Franklin sets went up 16,737 points, and my overall points ranking went from 308 to 292.

There have been some wierd points changes recently, like my 1992-S quarter in PF70UC jumping up to 4,876 points and the Bicentennial silver quarter in PF-69Cameo jumping to 3,149 points im my Quarter type set. These changes showed up a few months ago and I keep expecting them to be corrected but they are still there.

I'm not in it for the points, but it does make me wonder what's going on.

Any time you see a point value that seems way out of whack just use the "Request Point Correction" tool when you click on any slot in your set or send an e-mail directly to Ali. She usually has it corrected within 24 hours.

I jumped about 90 spots over all. my Washington Quarter set increased 114000 points and I gained 5 spots. some of my key Quarters went up in the 5 digit range. my ms franklin set points went up by thousands but I lost 23 spots and I have a lot of high grade coins . My Franklin proof set went up 10500 points but I lost 11 spots. almost every set has point changes. I know the web sight was shut down late last night ,but this is just crazy.

Who knows why, total points a statistically flawed stat anyway. I'll quote Forrest Gump "$$hit happens",maybe a religious explanation, Islam would say "point changes are the will of Allah", maybe psychological, Freudian followers " point changes are your mother's fault". Cheers ! Rich

How about this one. I have a MS 65 FBL in the 1963-D slot in both of my Franklin sets. The point value is unchanged at 453 for each of them. Other sets are now showing 9,817 points for a 'MS 65 without the FBL designation.

Obviously a gross error somewhere in the system.