• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleanest Morgan cheeks I've seen so far

22 posts in this topic

It's a nice coin in terms of clean surfaces, strike, and luster, but I suspect that it is worth half of the asking price.

Edited to add: I also do not think the coin is worthy of a PL designation, and that's the reason NGC omitted the designation. I disagree with his description in this aspect.

Likely one of the top-most coins in the receiving box, thus the strong absence of marks. From there, this was just an incredibly fortunate set of circumstances to preserve the surface.

The seller is BNB.

Username Frank_B on these boards.

I wouldn't touch anything in this guy's inventory with a 10-mile pole. He has been banned from many, many forums. Run away, very fast, and don't look back.

This particular MS69 Morgan has been on eBay for almost a year. I believe when it was first listed the BIN was $90K+. For a long while he had a video on the eBay auction of him working his car-salesman pitch for the coin. It was quite entertaining. lol

I've purchased from him without incident and the coins are nice. Sure, he's controversial and strongly opinionated.

In my mind's eye, that's not a reason to avoid is coins, if anything it's an encouragement.

Unless someone can link me to a specific transaction (not a political or social point of view, but rather tangible evidence) than I'd happily admit to being wrong here.

Probably a West Coast dealer who shall remain nameless, threw Jay a consignment bone to hawk. Generous of him, considering the situation.

Nice Morgan, the best of the best.

I've bought a few times from Jay's store on eBay, including one purchase today.

I realize his strong personality rubbed a few the wrong way for various reasons, but his material is very nice.

The prices appear to be marked high, but he takes offers and is very fair with his counters.

Anyone looking for pretty toners or even blast white coins don't dismiss this seller. You would be doing yourself a disservice.

I was hoping this thread wouldn't turn into a seller basher, or a discussion on over priced plastic. you just dont see a coin like this everyday (at least I dont). and I just wanted to share, thats what I like about these boards. you learn something new everyday. and some times see stuff you cant see anyplace else. BruceS

The seller is BNB.

Username Frank_B on these boards.

I wouldn't touch anything in this guy's inventory with a 10-mile pole. He has been banned from many, many forums. Run away, very fast, and don't look back.

This particular MS69 Morgan has been on eBay for almost a year. I believe when it was first listed the BIN was $90K+. For a long while he had a video on the eBay auction of him working his car-salesman pitch for the coin. It was quite entertaining. lol

The seller has done some things in the past he wishes he could take back. He has tried very hard to turn things around and as long as I have known his he has been nothing but great to work with in person.

The coin is amazing, I have seen it in hand. It is just clean and a drool worthy coin.

I can assure you that Jay (aka BNB) is the owner of the coin.

He actually consigned it to me briefly so that could display it in my showcase at the Long Beach Show where it grabbed a ton of attention.

The coin is amazing and the cleanest looking business strike I've ever seen in hand... and I've seen a couple of other MS69 examples. The coin isn't quite PL enough to get the PL designation, but I think it's deserving of the NGC star as it's pretty close to PL... perhaps someday it will be in an NGC MS69* holder.

Many PCGS snobs immediately look at the pictures of the coin and say it's a PCGS MS68 and maybe some of that has to do with the current owner of the coin. But I assure you, this coin is way better than any PCGS MS68 Morgan I've seen and I've seen plenty.

It really is a special coin and if the current owner ever allows me to have it in my case again I'd be proud to try to sell it for him.

I have bought many coins from this seller and I can honestly say that I don't recall being mislead or having a bad experience. There are many others that I would consider a target way before I would this seller. That, of-course, is just my experience. Mileage may vary.

I love the Morgan but way outside of my purchasing power. Although I don't have a mortgage on the house and my land any more..... Ahhh no... What am I thinking :facepalm:

I've seen it in hand as well and it's an amazing coin. From what I recall, there isn't an overwhelming amount of luster that you would expect from the grade.

In regards to clean cheeks, some proof Morgan's have very comparable ones to this example.

I agree with Blu62Vette - the owner seems to be on the up-swing.

I have no problems with him and he is an acquaintance of a

friend of mine; he had that Morgan on display at Winter FUN at our table.

Yes, it did receive a lot of attention, but it's a hard item to move; not many

people have those sort of funds available. Condition Rarities are not looked

at in the same light as true Rarities.

Still, it is the nicest MS Morgan I have ever held.