• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest little lady!

18 posts in this topic

Here she is at long last! My 1913-S Saint, mintage 34,000 and one of the keys in the series. I was very pleased when I saw it, and it looks a lot better in person than the photos I saw buying it, or even the photos I am posting here. I will not reveal the grade yet, thought it might be fun for you to guess a while, you might be surprised! grin.gif (so those who know the grade don't spoil it for everyone else!). Here she is, Miss America!!! tongue.gif

13sobv.jpg

13srev.jpg

Unfortunately, the real keys have much higher mintages, like the 27-D and 27-S, any past 1928, or the 20-S and 21. Much rarer than the mintages would indicate. Still need an 08-S too, that one is the lowest mintage outside the 07 HR at just 22,000! Still a lot easier to find than a 27-D!

Very nice Jeff! I'm going to guess AU58. Lovely addition.

Charlie - I would normally guess one of the AU grades on your coin, but I don't see the usual marks. I'm going to say MS61, but what the heck do I know about gold anyway! laugh.gif

Hoot

either au58 or ms62 really hard to tell gold grades from a scan but the coin does have exceptional eye appeal!!!

super nice and a coin with a fundemental reason to rise in value

extremely popular and in demand!!!!!!!

sincerely michael

I would love to have a 1907 High Relief. Such a beautiful, gorgeous coin. I'm in love! How difficult are they to obtain and what's the ms 60 price range? Thanks, Jeff.

I am going to guess AU-58 on Oldtrader's 25-S, nice pick up! It's a great looking coin, but it just looks like there is some wear on the high points, particularly on the eagle's breast and wings, and on Liberty's leg and torso (it could even be a 55, but it's a really a nice looking coin and a great date!). Looks like I have some work to do to catch up with you again in the registry!

As far as an HR saint, they are pretty well available surprisingly enough, usually several specimens in every major sale, and I usually see at least one at the larger local shows in my area. They actually seem to be much easier to find than some dates like the 08-S, 09-D, and the branch mints from the 1920s. As for pricing, I think they are running about $9K in MS-60, not much of a break in the AU grades, I think I saw and AU-53 for $6K and a 58 for 7500. They are certainly beautiful, and on my list, but I have so many more common ones to buy! After all I'm not even halfway done with this set!

Actually, it is a AU58 slider. Looks better than some MS63's. It is really hard to find the wear on this coin, but it is there on the wings and neck of the eagle, mainly. Good guesses guys!

Well, it looks like hoot had the grades reversed! Mine is an MS-61, overall a very nice coin, an really very little noise in the fields for the grade. In person, it looks as good as many 63s I've seen, but much cheaper! tongue.gif

Ping! Right on the nose. Good grading. I thought that I saw a little more wear on the obverse but guess I was mistaken.

You're not kidding about our want list just keeps growing. I've purchased at least $15K worth of coins in the past 6 months and I have barely scratched the surface. I guess that patience is truly a virtue.

I have finally clawed my way back to #4 on the Saint Registry. I don't know how long I will stay there but I do know that it is getting much more difficult and expensive (!) to find coins for my Saint set and my Half Eagle set. I have not seen a single coin for my Half Eagle set in 2 months that I do not have. I guess the auctions are my only recourse but from now to tax-time things are pretty quiet there as well. I knew when I started with Saints that it was a lifelong pursuit and it may well be.