• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's imaging services......Photo Vision, does anyone have any to show?

13 posts in this topic

I have heard about this service and wondered if anyone here has had it done and can show

the images here. It seams very reasonably priced.

Also, do you know if it can be done after slabbing or does the coin have to be raw?

All that I can say is that I have never been overly impressed with NGC's imaging services based on what I have seen. I'm not sure why they bother; for around the same price you could have Shane take amazing images rather than what I would describe as mediocre photos at best.

All that I can say is that I have never been overly impressed with NGC's imaging services based on what I have seen. I'm not sure why they bother; for around the same price you could have Shane take amazing images rather than what I would describe as mediocre photos at best.

Hey, Shane lives right there..... :idea: Mark Goodman should employ Shane! :)

You confused me with the last part. Are you implying that Mark Goodman takes the photographs for NGC? If so, I think you are wrong based on what I have seen. Mark Goodman is an excellent photographer, and with no disrespect to NGC, all of the images that I have seen are not impressive in the least bit.

Zohar had several of his Thalers shot by NGC recently, and the images are quite good. I don't think they are "PhotoVision", and it isn't clear what the cost was/is -- point being, they can take good images, but I don't think they have clarified or really publicized this improvement in quality yet.

Thread here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6741219#Post6741219

Zohar had several of his Thalers shot by NGC recently, and the images are quite good. I don't think they are "PhotoVision", and it isn't clear what the cost was/is -- point being, they can take good images, but I don't think they have clarified or really publicized this improvement in quality yet.

Thread here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6741219#Post6741219

My comments were baed on the PhotoVIsion thing or whatever it was called. I would be inclined to agree that the Thalers look well done. Was this a very recent change in quality control?

My comments were baed on the PhotoVIsion thing or whatever it was called. I would be inclined to agree that the Thalers look well done. Was this a very recent change in quality control?

As I said, it isn't clear what "tier" of service this was. The way Zohar described it sounded like they were using his coins as a test run or something? I'm going to make a WAG that maybe they have something in the works in terms of an imaging program that's of this higher quality and advertised better than their (IMO quite failed) PhotoVision program.

You confused me with the last part. Are you implying that Mark Goodman takes the photographs for NGC? If so, I think you are wrong based on what I have seen. Mark Goodman is an excellent photographer, and with no disrespect to NGC, all of the images that I have seen are not impressive in the least bit.

doh! Meant Salzberg :shy:

Why are there prongs in those images? One might think they would take the opportunity to shoot them raw.

That was my argument when Zohar posted the images.

IF they are going to image coins, they should shoot them before they are behind plastic. That's the huge one-up they have on others (like you Todd). If they are going to shoot the coins behind plastic, I don't think they will be able compete with all of the good photographers that have already mastered that arena (and for usually around $10-$12 a coin -- I doubt NGC could compete with that price-point).

Thanks for the link. I think the images look great and happy to see that they are

that good while still in holder.

I'm going to call them and ask if I can get it done.