• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Guy is awsome

11 posts in this topic

I am glad you are happy, but that's not smart busniess for an Ebayer. I have received checks and held on to the item for 2 weeks to allow time for checks to clear,.....sent out the murchandise.....and then a week later had the bank tell me the check bounced.

Ebay can be dangerous and the seller might have to find that out the hard way. As a buyer it sure would be a dream come true....congrats........BTW that's not a broadstruck coin he sold you........... thumbsup2.gif

It is either broadstuck offcenter or off center. It is not a MAD error as both sides are off center. It is out of collar, also. Interesting coin for sure. It will be going in for grading soon.

Well not like the guy would be losing much if the check was bad.

.25 - quarter he pulled out of a roll.

.37 - postage stamp.

.05 - holder.

Making his customer happy - PRICELESS.

Worst case the seller would have a Net Loss of 67 cents.

True, but if someone has a long good pay history the odds are good you won't get stiffed for a few bucks. Probably better odds than waiting two weeks and the payment STILL coming up NSF or fraud.

Another way of looking at it, if you sell tons of low cost items it can get to be a pain to keep track of all the cleared dates. You won't get a negetive feedback for reasonable holds and certainly not for fast shipping, but once a buyer thinks you're stalling shipment you may never get that trust back.

Jason,

It makes me MAD that this coin is a MAD. I am SAD that I was HAD. Anyways,I still like the coin.I didn't know a coin could be considered a MAD if both dies are out of alignment. It is still out of collar though, and very interesting.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif