• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow... $450 for this toned Peace $

38 posts in this topic

Dang... I like that coin... I never check Stacks. Mental note for the future.

Maybe we got a real PLAYA-PLAYA !

I dropped out at 1200. Beautiful coin.

I think it was worth the money at $2600. 1926-Ps are hard to find with nice color in MS65. You wont be able to find another one like that for years...

Someone is making a nice strong run of toned Peace $...

It might be time to tap a dealer I know with a hoard of toned 35-Ps in old green label PCGS holders !! Those arent easy to find either...

I think it was worth the money at $2600. 1926-Ps are hard to find with nice color in MS65. You wont be able to find another one like that for years...

It might be time to tap a dealer I know with a hoard of toned 35-Ps in old green label PCGS holders !! Those arent easy to find either...

That was a 22-P not a 26-P, and for the record I'd love a shot at one of those 35-Ps. Tap that dealer!

I agree. I would probably max out around $1600 or $1700 personally if I were going to pursue the coin (I have seen nicer coins for the date). A realized price of $2,600 is pretty strong money, but not outrageous compared to some of the other sales records that I have seen.

If you can pry them your sure to do well. I may try the same this summer

We have a new "PLAYA" in the toned Peace $ market !

Whoever you are welcome !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180978447469?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

1923 MS 64 BIN @ $575 !!

Keep hitting that button !

Wow interesting to see that coin again. She was a group of five at Santa Clara in 2006. All envelope toners. The seller was asking around 50 per. I bought a 22P since it was the only one with double sided toning, I still have it I'm going to submit it next week, just gotta drop off the order at my PO

I must say that in 17 years of selling on Ebay I think I only sold maybe 1 or two legitimate nicely toned Peace dollars until this past year. I would say I have probably sold in the neighbor of 30 or 40 in the last year......the strong prices are bringing them out of the wood work just like we have seen for Morgans over the past decade.

I would say that any color other than black right now is driving premiums with Peace dollars and of course the nicer the color the higher the premiums. I would imagine that if I had auctioned off the original coin with my photo's I would have guestimated that the coin would have sold for around $150. A far cry from $450 and yes I think the buyer is absolutely buried in the coin especially considering how many nice examples are coming onto the market right now. With the supply going up to meet the demand I feel like only upper echelon toned pieces will hold their value over the next 5 years.

All and all I still think nicely toned Peace dollars are a bargain compared to Morgans simply because the supply will always remain much much smaller...especially when it comes to true rainbow toned pieces.

That was a 22-P not a 26-P, and for the record I'd love a shot at one of those 35-Ps. Tap that dealer!

Wow... I did miss that... And now I will change my earlier statement ... I do not think that is a $2600 coin by no means...

Carry on...