• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New website! Check it out.

12 posts in this topic

I have been very busy over the last several weeks working and building my new website in the evenings after I get home from my day job. It is still a work in progress and I have a lot more information and item descriptions I need to add. The webpage is published and fully functional. I am still working on local advertising and drawing new local customers to the site. I am also working with a couple local collectors to bring in as business partners ans I am still trying to build a nice inventory of products. Anyhow, check it out and tell me what you think. Ease of use? User friendly? Functionality? Easy to navigate? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

www.Bayoulandcoinsandbullion.com

If you see anything you like, feel free to PM me here and I can give you a better description of the item(s) you are asking about.

I think I am your first customer. I just bought 2 $5 notes.

I like it ... You seem to be on the right track and the checkout worked just fine.

I could only suggest maybe making the slider a bit smaller and slow the speed down then work on allowing zoom on the listing pictures.

I want those overnight based on the shipping charge I paid! :grin:

Looks good Justin.

It might not be updating the inventory though unless you had more of those Blue and Red Seal $5 on the right side. It looks like I can still order another if I selected it.

Thanks Bill! You are my first customer on the site so far! I appreciate your suggestions as well. I will definitely work on that!

As far as the shipping rates, I'm trying to stay as competitive as I can. I will see what I can do about the rates and maybe lowering them a bit. From what I've seen from other major dealers and bullion seller's sites, my shipping charges are much lower. The shipping rates are based more for insirance purposes though. And even at those rates I have now, I make no extra profit from shipping charges.

I prefer Priority Mail shipping because each package is handled by hand and not sorted through machines. The risk associated with machines sorting packages is damage to the package ans damage to the contents.

There will be continued improvements so it will get better as tome goes on. This is the preliminary test run right now.

Thanks again for your purchases!

Ok. Good deal then. I was not sure how much inventory you did have on those but I am looking forward to receiving them.

OK, even though I did not buy anything, I still had fun looking around, I shall return when your inventory increases :wishluck:

I like it! Consider adding a bit of color/design to the webpage. It looks okay but does have a lot of white-space.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! The site is quite plain right now but I am working on adding more details to make it stand out more. I just wanted to get the functionality of the site up first. I will be adding more items very soon and will be updating the site as much as I can! Thanks again for all the great suggestions!