• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small Columbia coin show

5 posts in this topic

All dealers were buying silver, only one was selling and you couldn't get to the table due to the guys in line to buy. Halves were $10 and silver dollars were $30. The halves sold within about 10 minutes of the show opening, don't think anyone was biting on the dollars.

Other than that there is nothing worth talking about. Very very slow show at least at the opening. Didn't see anything worth mentioning, only saw one CAC sticker in the whole room, a 1884 CC Morgan MS65 with some ugly toning.

Saw some modestly priced average commemoratives, and a lot of PF69 and MS68, MS69 silver eagles, but no nice examples of early coins. Either slabbed or raw.

This was my third time to this same show and I think these dealers had the same coins at all three shows. The only real transactions going on was silver buying and selling.

thats a bummer to hear. were there any good commems. there to purchase?

If you like blast white yes. Both raw and slabbed.I looked some over but I don't get too excited about blast white coins so didn't spend much time, but there was a wide selection.

They must believe that silver has a big future if they were all that hot to buy. I know several who are buying all they can thinking it may be on the way up to $50. I see a few here in the Houston area who are buying it but then putting it away.

I am sure that is true with some of them, but for most I think they are just burried in it with piles in the back room they paid more for than they can sell now.

I did hear one guy mention he was going to have to sit on his "stash" for about 6 months and wait...I think his time horizon is very optimistic.