• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I went sniping for lions on eBay last night

9 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorite coins. I got the 2003 commemorative set.

If you are specifically collecting the lion, you should try and get the 1994 Lion series too - The set you are collecting is die engraver Arthur Sutherland's retirement set after 40yrs service for the mint. The 1994 LIon set was the first of the Natura Series, for his commemorative set he had a choice which design to choose, and he chose to re-design the Lion series. Great set, I can probably get the 1/2 for you. The 1oz 2003 was also minted bearing the mint mark, but there are only 500 pieces.

The Cheetah was minted in 2002. This year there is a Caracal set, which is amazing. go to www.samint.co.za

Very regal coins cosmic! I've been seeing the SA coins selling a fair bit in various pubs and (I believe) on Downies.com. Some excellent wildlife motifs. thumbsup2.gif Wish the U.S. would place wildlife on (at least) some commems, or (forbid!) circulating coinage. (Am I insane.gif?)

Hoot