• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price Reduction at the US Mint

2 posts in this topic

The 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set

The 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set was scheduled to be available for purchase on 5/09/2013 for $149.95.

This has now changed, according to the Product Schedule page at the US Mints website.

It will still be available for purchase on 5/09/2013, but at a reduced price. The new issue price will be $139.00. This is a $10.00 reduction in price for this set and should make it more obtainable for everyone.

The price for this set had to be lowered with the resent drop in the spot piece of silver this year. The London Fix has gone from $30.87 on Jan. 1, 2013 to $23.66 on April 19, 2013 (information from www.kitco.com). This was a $7.21 drop in silver spot price this year (at the time of this post).

I am happy to see the US Mint pass some of the saving on to the loyal customers.

Also the 2013 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin which was scheduled for availability on 5/28/2013 for $53.95 has had its price changed to TBD. I guess the mint is waiting to see what the spot price of silver is going to do between now and the end of May.

Reference: http://premiumsilverbullion.com

See more journals by tomt102516

I have been purchasing direct from the U.S. Mint on numerous occasions. I am extremely pleased with their price adjustments and customer service staff.

I am glad to hear they are still working to ensure a good quality at a fair price.

Semper Fi !

Jack