• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaching...reaching...reaching for a PF-70 CAM Franklin

16 posts in this topic

These are as close as they come.....off to CAC. A gold bean would put them over the top.

A green bean would be just fine with me though.

137125.jpg.1c2b37b590161873c6a6f20508507235.jpg

137126.jpg.64bdb51ac50a2d72950e74e7fd29f12f.jpg

Nice. Too bad I didn't know you in 2008 when I sold my set. I could have supplied you with a 1955 and 1956 in the same grade.

But I wasn't collecting these in 2008!

Nice thought though.

I have just a single NGC UCAM in PF-69 UCAM. It is also on its way to CAC.

Here it is.

Thanks for looking.

137132.jpg.d1268d9111f8ce7beb70a12869eb8335.jpg

137133.jpg.e29b3ded4fb5adf8f54666e65b85b6be.jpg

It would really be something if they got gold beans! ;)

If so, there would be some gold beans in my underwear!

are there any pr69 DCAMs or DCAM star?

There are 3 PF 69 Cameos; these are the finest graded. Off those three, there is only 1 star. This is at NGC only.

Are you sure there is only one NGC PF69 Cameo with a star? Jim is showing two in the first post and here is a third.

lf.jpeg

There are 3 PF 69 Cameos; these are the finest graded. Off those three, there is only 1 star. This is at NGC only.

Are you sure there is only one NGC PF69 Cameo with a star? Jim is showing two in the first post and here is a third.

I meant for that date in that grade. Incidentally, I also looked at the wrong row so the data was off. For some reason, I had 1959 in my mind instead of 1957. I apologize for the inconvenience.

lf.jpeg

Yeah, I have no idea where Kenny got his information from, but NGC has graded a lot of Proof 69 UCams for the Franklin series.

PF69UC -- 115 (none with a star)

PF69CA -- 396 (of those 72 received the ★)

PS -- incidentally, there are two NGC Frankies graded PF68+★ CAMEO. Both are from 1957; I wouldn't mind seeing one of those if anyone here has one! :)

lf.jpeg

Yeah, I have no idea where Kenny got his information from, but NGC has graded a lot of Proof 69 UCams for the Franklin series.

Well if Ken was looking at 1959's, I'm surprised there were that many.

Well if Ken was looking at 1959's, I'm surprised there were that many.

PS -- incidentally, there are two NGC Frankies graded PF68+★ CAMEO. Both are from 1957; I wouldn't mind seeing one of those if anyone here has one! :)

It must be the Sudafed, since even my correction isn't clear. :)

I was providing the population not for the entire series, but for a specific date and cameo designation. I meant to check the population for 1957, but for some reason, I looked up and reported the population for 1959 PF 69 Cameo * coins and non star coins. That's why the numbers were so small. It's definitely an error on my part. I don't dispute your data/conclusions.

There is only 1 star PF69 CAM 1959 Franklin Half Dollar with a total of 3 coins in PF69 Cameo per the summary page of the census. That's what my now deleted post reflected.

1959 in PF-69 CAM is a tough one. It's on my want list since my example is PF-68 CAM and I am always looking to upgrade.

Oh I AM NOT OFFERING TO BUY SO SPAM POLICE GO AWAY.

Thank You.

Not trying to steal this thread (or change grading companies :D ) but I was looking around and saw this 1956 Type 2 Frank in PCGS PR69DCAM up on Heritage and closing next week.

Auction Link

frank_zpsd375ca15.jpg

I think they are STAR coins as they are close to DCAM rather than close to 70.

CAC awards the gold for upgrades not updesignations.