• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Post Your CAC or Fourth Party Grading Verification Errors

36 posts in this topic

The dreaded "Not CAC" is a kiss of death.

This is all too true it seems in the coin market. I refer back to Greg's post.....

jom

lol 99% of collectors don't even know what CAC is. Not having a CAC sticker on a coin is NOT the kiss of death. Don't be fooled by the fact that friends of, employees of, and partners with CAC post on the forums and try to convince you that not having a CAC sticker is bad. Their bias is unmistakeable.

Greg is, of course, absolutely correct. If you choose to collect Blue Ribboned indian head cents then you have no need whatsoever for CAC's services.

Not having a CAC sticker is only bad if your intended buyer demands one. HAVING a CAC sticker, on the other hand, is proven in most instances to be good for your coin's value.

This is all too true it seems in the coin market. I refer back to Greg's post.....

jom

lol 99% of collectors don't even know what CAC is. Not having a CAC sticker on a coin is NOT the kiss of death. Don't be fooled by the fact that friends of, employees of, and partners with CAC post on the forums and try to convince you that not having a CAC sticker is bad. Their bias is unmistakeable.

Greg is, of course, absolutely correct. If you choose to collect Blue Ribboned indian head cents then you have no need whatsoever for CAC's services.

Perhaps I am uneducated, but I have no idea what you mean about 'Blue Ribboned indian head cents'. Care to elaborate?

Best, HT

jom

Perhaps I am uneducated, but I have no idea what you mean about 'Blue Ribboned indian head cents'. Care to elaborate?

Best, HT

Blue ribbon is a coin conditioner used for copper coins.

jom

Best, HT

Blue ribbon is a coin conditioner used for copper coins.

I get that part but what does it have to do with anything being discussed here and why it is significant? All Blue Ribbon does is put a protectant on the surface of a coin, nothing more.

Best, HT

I get that part but what does it have to do with anything being discussed here and why it is significant? All Blue Ribbon does is put a protectant on the surface of a coin, nothing more.

Best, HT

I'm not sure the relevance to my original post. I'm sorry that I misunderstood your original post. :)

I took a CAC Seated Dime into a local shop here and he wouldnt make an offer on it because he didnt have " the clients for such a coin" lol I must have told him 3 or 4 times I didnt care about the sticker and just wanted a price on it. So I ripped the damn sticker off and what do you know.... His non CAC offer was enough to buy it... Its almost if some people think CAC means its gold or something.... What does I dont have the clients for a CAC coin even mean??? Its a freaking sticker!