• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Please

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for opinions on a coin purchased SUS.

It is a 1926 D Dollar graded by PCGS as MS64. It is mislabeled

as 1926 S and it has serious PVC damage all around the mint mark

and the bottom fourth of the reverse of the coin. The scan is not the best,

but in person, it's pretty nasty.

My questions are:

Should look for recourse from PCGS?

Should I have it conserved by NCS and graded by NGC.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

On request, PCGS will remove PVC. They have you sign a waiver. You must be adament about this. Many times they say no, when they really will do it.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sending it to NCS is a bad idea, use PCGS grade guarantee, you'll get a mice replacement or a refund for the difference and the coin back. Then you can send it to NCS

Link to comment
Share on other sites