• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay steal

13 posts in this topic

Ouch... Looks like he left off a zero.

I don't think so, as $750 would be strong PR66+ money.

My guess is that the coin was inadvertently priced as a business strike instead of a proof.

I was going to say no, but maybe so

It sold on Feb 26 and they left positive feedback on

Feb 28 to grizzly*air

saying ->Very prompt and courteous buyer, great to deal with, Thanks!

and grizzly*air did not leave feedback (they have private feedback)

but it also did not get relisted by original seller

Pcgs price guide shows $500. Priced wrong for sure. I wonder if it will get sent out. Sellers mistake for sure but I wonder if he will be able to reneg on the deal.

So....what would the note to the seller say? "Are you sure you want to sell this for $75.00"?? Or just buy it and let it ride. I seldom see anything that is underpriced.....it is usually overpriced!! Kinda like real estate. I bought a penny from a very well known coin dealer that booked out at $425.00. He had it for sale (Buy it now) for $125.00. The coin was absolutely beautiful and could have easily commanded the $425.00. I'm new at this (the new is wearing off though!!) and am curious as to the "proper" response (if any) is called for.

Bud

So....what would the note to the seller say? "Are you sure you want to sell this for $75.00"?? Or just buy it and let it ride. I seldom see anything that is underpriced.....it is usually overpriced!! Kinda like real estate. I bought a penny from a very well known coin dealer that booked out at $425.00. He had it for sale (Buy it now) for $125.00. The coin was absolutely beautiful and could have easily commanded the $425.00. I'm new at this (the new is wearing off though!!) and am curious as to the "proper" response (if any) is called for.

Bud

I think it is fair to presume that the buyer knew there was a listing error. So he/she probably said nothing, while hoping that the seller would deliver.

I happen to think the "proper" response would be to not take advantage of such a mistake. Surely, some will agree wth that, while others will disagree.

Bud

The reason you seldom see grossly underpriced BINs is they do not last long. eBay has a search function and people use the newly listed first. Some people are looking specifically for things like this, very low BINs, and buy it as quick as they can.

Sometimes the seller does not know, other times they are so big, their workers do not know.

Bud

I think it is fair to presume that the buyer knew there was a listing error. So he/she probably said nothing, while hoping that the seller would deliver.

I happen to think the "proper" response would be to not take advantage of such a mistake. Surely, some will agree wth that, while others will disagree.

(thumbs u

I think I would buy it just to take it off the market and then allow the seller to cancel the transaction. A little compassion goes a long way, and one kind deed will not be easily forgotten down the road.

Does this post on the BST:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6587921#Post6587921

mean that you were the buyer of this coin jimbucks?

Nope. It does kinda look similar huh? I stumbled on it trying to see what prices are going for. Not the same coin.

Does this post on the BST:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6587921#Post6587921

mean that you were the buyer of this coin jimbucks?

Nope. It does kinda look similar huh? I stumbled on it trying to see what prices are going for. Not the same coin.

It doesn't look like the same coin to me. I thought perhaps you liked the PCGS 64 OGH example better and so were selling your NGC 65. Good luck on the BST :)