• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin related sites in England ...

6 posts in this topic

I am going to England in September and will be staying in the London area. What sites should I include in my list of "must sees" while I'm there? Thank you all for any suggestions that you might have.

From what I've gathered from a Brit collector on another forum, the Royal Mint does not issue Mint Sets (circulation issues) as we are accustomed to here. New releases are bagged and distributed to the banks only.

I've also been told that there are not many coin dealers with physical locations, at least in her locale, but I don't know if this would apply to London and it's suburbs.

She also said that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of interest in error coins over there.

Sorry that I can't give you any recommendations on where to go, but this is the only intel I have.

Enjoy the trip, Bill!

Chris