• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold closed on comex$365.00 thurs 1/23/03 generic saintsms 64 at $700

11 posts in this topic

will you be buying ms64/65 generic saints??

right now you cant even buy any 65 coins they are just not available!!

will saints go to 1000 each for the 64 pcgs/ngc generic coins by march? or sooner?

are you a buyer?

sincerely michael

Are they really that high? A few weeks ago the common dates were running $600. I need to buy, still need a few common 1920s for my set, but I may hold off. Or maybe just wait to see if there are some bargains yet to be found. Or I could get more of the better dates in lower grades.

hi there jtry currently you can buy ngc ms 64 coins from heritage just generic non picked coins they jusy guarantee that they are in ngc holdes with 64 on the holder for 700

and they had no 65 for sale two days ago!! dmeand is there and i am sure they are higher as gold closed at 365 today on the comex

wow

michael,

I just looked on the Heritage website, and they are up to $750!!! Of the coins I saw there, I would choose a few before the common date 64s. I would go for the 1910 in 63 for $620, or the 1913 in 62 for $645. If you really want a 64, go for the 1910-D they have for $765, much better date than a 1924, though still pretty common. They did have a few 65s when I checked, $1250 for the common 1920s, but only $1400 for a 1911-D in 65. With Saints, always go for the better dates, (or at least the perceived better dates), you'll be better off in the long-run. If you just want gold, buy eagles, or my personal favorite bullion coin, the Mexican 50 peso!

jjtryta!!

wow 750 !! well many are into them in 64 at 1100 so i am sure they have a ways to go before many are sold i see the demand is there and i bet in 6 months 750 today for a generic saint will look cheap but i guess only time will tell

i never thought of that the better dastes as you mentioned look like real bargains right now!!

yes i totally agree if you just want to buy gold the mex 50 peso is the way to go big beautiful and 1.2 oz and a really pretty coin

also they sell for right around spot !!

sincerely michael

I always liked the design on the 50 peso, very pretty! I bought one last year, my only one, for $370! If you want pure gold, maple leaf and pandas are fine (the American eagles are actually .9167 fine, not .925). I always shy away from the pure ones though, since I can be a little clumsy at times and one drop an you have a nice mark on those!

yes, they do have one full ounce of pure gold, but the coins themselves weigh more than one ounce (about 1.09 ounces).

I have purchased several (4) MS62-64 Saints for the same prices as 2 weeks ago, when gold just broke $300. I am not sure that recent increases in gold are reflected by Saint prices are across the board.

However, MS65 Saints seem to have have disappeared. Also, prices on MS63, MS64 Saints increased when Gold broke $300. They are certainly up from 2 months ago, when you could still buy MS63 Saint for $450. They are now well over $500.

As an update, spot gold did break $370 today on the ask, next week could get interesting with the UN report on Monday and the State of the Union on Tuesday (someone correct me if my schedule is off).