• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nicely colored proof coins are they your bag??

6 posts in this topic

That's a pretty one michael, I like all pre-1950s proofs, they all have a certain beauty to them. As for sharing colored proofs, I think the only ones I have are some mildly colored coins in an 86 proof set, not very interesting!

wow paul verey nice and since i saw that coin in person i can say that the reverse is a 68 with the obverse a 67 ++++

and the colors are more alive and vibrant and monster in person the scan is greet in person the coin is 100 times better! and this is a coin that shows these colors in any light any way you look at it not like some toned coins where you have to get them in the light a certian way

this 1888 three cednt nickel any way and any light you look at it looks fantastic

and again i saw this coin in person and had this coin to study for 3 days!@

sincerely michael

I like toned Proofs, but I like them far more on the Barber coinage and ealier pieces. I'm not willing to pay the premiums for toned modern pieces. The earlier pieces should be toned given their age and history. It should come on them almost for free.