• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Advice on coin shipping

11 posts in this topic

I need to ship a 25th anniv. ASE set, complete with the display box. Would appreciate suggestions on most economical way to ship it (will also need to insure).

Thank You.

The USPS Small Prority Flat Rate box is 5.375" x 8.625" x 1.625" (inside) and costs $5.35. Insurance is extra. Allow 2-3 days max for delivery in the US and tracking is included.

Chris

FYI: The presentation box doesn't fit in a small box priority, but just barely fits into the medium box @$12.35 flat rate.

FYI: The presentation box doesn't fit in a small box priority, but just barely fits into the medium box @$12.35 flat rate.

IMO, anything less than priority is no good for shipping collectibles. I suppose Fed Ex ground might be a cheaper option.

Priority insured (if you can't get in a flat rate, may need full rate)

At USPS.com, you can get non-typical Priority Boxes for free, but takes a week or so for delivery to you.

I've used the medium flat rate box with great success, but had to modify it a fraction of an inch to get it to fit. Technically, I should have used a non-flat rate box.

I've used the medium flat rate box with great success, but had to modify it a fraction of an inch to get it to fit. Technically, I should have used a non-flat rate box.

The regular size priority box is slightly shorter than the medium flat rate box.

Anyway the medium flat rate box worked out fine for me (no modification needed), and it has shipped. Thought this info may be useful for anyone who may need to ship this item in the future.

Thank You.

Regional Rate boxes are great for coin shipments. The Regional Rate A box will hold the 25th Anniversary set with room to spare. Shipping is as little as $5.15 for up to 15 pounds. Depends on distance. At less than 2 pounds, however (1 lb. 4 oz by itself), I'd think a plain old cardboard box would be best for a 25th Anniv. set.