• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Polish Medieval purchases.........take a peek.

4 posts in this topic

This is posted on the PCGS boards as well, but I know everybody doesn't frequent those so I thought I would post it over here.

Well I don't know what you consider these coins as far as genre goes, but they're not modern....and their aren't ancients so......I guess I would classify them as Medieval smile.gif

I looked at some coins like this several years ago, but never decided to take the plunge. I have always been fascinated with the history of each coin I collect and with these babies we are talking about a lot of history. I have now decided to start purchasing more of these in hope of some type of date set. Denominations aside and possibly even Country of origin as well, I just think it would be one heck of an acheivement to have a coin from each year over the last 500 years.

I know these are all Polish and I have the denominations and other pertinent info written on the 2X2s from the seller, which is a nice bonus. As for value....who knows and who cares laugh.gif

Medevil2.jpg

Medevilbk2.jpg

I think they are way cool and especially like the one from 1625, it looks like the guy is saying something like "I just ate what!?!?" with the way his eye is bulging!

I think they are way cool and especially like the one from 1625, it looks like the guy is saying something like "I just ate what!?!?" with the way his eye is bulging!

I'm polish, and these are cool good thing about them is that they are fairly common too.

If you think that gettinfg a complete set of us coins is tough I assure you that getting a complete set of Polish coins is IMPOSSIBLE. there are several UNIQUE coins locked in national collections that makes that task impossible