• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp Trade Dollar for my type set

22 posts in this topic

For some time, I have been looking for a Trade Dollar for my type set. It had to have a nice pop to it. Whether that be with deep cameo mirrors, or purdy toning. This example is a circulation strike, and has amazing color! Thanks to another board member for parting with this one.

She resides in PCGS plastic. Feel free to guess the grade! :)

33ucod4.jpg

Thanks,

Ankur

This is a beautiful coin! It would make a great addition to any Trade Dollar set! I wish it was in mine! I'd say it grades at least a 64. But no matter what the label says, it's still awesome! Good job!

I never even noticed the scratch until someone pointed it out. Too many people hunting for flaws and not enough people admiring the beauty in this coin! Even with the scratch, still an excellent piece!

You should treat every coin purchase as if its raw. First thing I do when I go to buy a raw coin is make sure that it will grade. ie: cleaned, scratched, rim dings, questionable toning. Than I assess the grade. It has pretty toning no doubt, but I think we have seen this many many times. Once you notice a flaw like that it will be the first thing you look at every time you pick it up....Then you end up selling it.

I do like the general looks of it, but it's hard to tell from those images what it would actually look like in hand.

Are those PCGS TrueView images? They look overly saturated...

I don't find the "scratch" to be all that distracting, as I think it may be the images that highlight it... (shrug)

Agreed; however, I think it belongs in a genuine or details holder for the scratch.

From the provided image, how could you logically jump to that conclusion??? hm

I would have to see what it actually looked like in hand. As I stated before, the "scratch" could be completely overblown by the images in their attempt to "highlight" the color.

Agreed; however, I think it belongs in a genuine or details holder for the scratch.

From the provided image, how could you logically jump to that conclusion??? hm

I would have to see what it actually looked like in hand. As I stated before, the "scratch" could be completely overblown by the images in their attempt to "highlight" the color.

You're right that it could just be the images, but even interpreting them to deem the mark as less conspicuous, I still think the coin would be discernible in hand. I could be completely wrong, however. It's all in my interpretation of the images.

She is an AU58!

The scratch is obviously old as it has toned over. And it is only seen in a certain light.

The images are true views and are a pretty good representation of the coin in hand.