• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I finally did it.

8 posts in this topic

For reasons that escape me, I joined the Collectors Society. Now I have to figure out WHY!

Please don't bring up the Registry. smile.gif

Such a deal, now I even get to pay MORE for NGC submissions than when I was submitting through a dealer.

Any suggestions on the free comic and sportscard submission coupons? Kindling? smile.gif

sell the comic and card coupons and buy more coins grin.gif I still havent joined, mostly out of not needing to. Will probably do it later this year when I decide it is time to send in the non NGC part of my roosey collection to get NGC'afied smile.gif

Congrats on joining. I have been considering it for a long time, but the one thing that really irks me is the comic and sportscard grading they shove down your throat. I don't collect either, and I own no comics, and perhaps a handful of baseball cards from my favorite Cubs. These these things are of no use to a lot of us. Why don't they just give us the option of choosing which free services we want? Bust I guess that's part of the scam, they increase the alleged value of the package by giving us what we neither want nor need.

are the coupons transferable? I dont think it would be that hard to find someone that would take them for a few bucks in one of the respective marketplaces. personally doesnt matter to me, since I have comics and my dad has cards, so finding something to send in wont be a problem. Would give me a chance to look through dads cards again and see what awesome stuff he has (almost complete Yankees sets, going back to the original tobacco cards) grin.gif

I don't mind the comic and sportscard coupons. I can understand why they send them. If you don't collect the others though, what in the world do you do with them? Paper airplanes? That might work. I have a friend that collects Comics, he may be interested in those.

Actually, the part that I don't care for is the fact that you PAY to join, and then they charge me, the special collectors society member, more money for submissions than a dealer.

It must be the weather up here, as I'm doing too much complaining lately smile.gif

I joined the free membership but I need to upgrade to the paid membership, I am doing this strickly for CGC comic grading........ How many Coin gradings do they give? Maybe we could swap? I'll submit some coins for you and you submit some comics for me... Just a thought...