• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teutonic Order Minors

4 posts in this topic

Some more purchases from Long Beach.

An undated (1588-1618) German - Teutonic Order - 1/4 Taler. There are 3 varieties of this 1/4T listed in the Krause, but this one matches none of them. smile.gif This is closest to KM47, but does not have the A to the left of Maximillian. This example is extremely well struck, has the original mint luster, and nice light gray toning. It is a mint state example, graded MS63 by NGC.

1588-1618teutonic-quarter-taler.jpg

A 1612 German - Teutonic Order - 1/2 Taler. The first date of issue of this variety. Very acceptable luster for a 400+ year old coin. It is graded AU50 by NGC.

1612teutonic-half-taler.jpg

Nice coins - I've seen them in person. In fact, I may have been standing next to them during the acquisition.

Does Krause have the "Varieties Exist" weasel words when listing the different types of the 1/4 T?

-JamminJ

Does Krause have the "Varieties Exist" weasel words when listing the different types of the 1/4 T?

Not that I recall. This one likely wouldn't qualify as a new variety, but I may send photos to Krause.