• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AU-58 coins

33 posts in this topic

JB: Given the $5 Indian is one of the toughest coins to grade your photo really is nowhere near it needs to be to even take a wild- guess at the grade. However, here's my ASG: The reverse photo makes it look < AU58. There are no luster bands around the head of the eagle....for example.

jom

+1

lol I meant WAG not ASG. Another reason not to post so late.

jom

I should of read this post before I sent in some AU-58s more or less on a whim. I recently sent 2 1833, 1830 Sm O, 1834 Sm date bust halfs, a 1909-S Indian $10, 1910-S, 1909-D, 1909 Indian $5, 1909, 1910 Indian $2.50, 1897-O Morgan, 1886-O Morgan. Most are bust halfs and the incuse indian gold.

I am not much of grader. The only time other time it I got lucky with a 1934-S that went from AU58 to MS 61. To me, it was a great looking coin.

All were graded AU-58. Some were cracked and sent raw, some were sent in for a regrade.

So far, 7 have been graded and all stayed at 58. 5 to go and we will see.