• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safety Flips

4 posts in this topic

At the last LB show I bought 2.5x2.5 flips, the package read "Safety flips" made in U.S.A and I wonder if those are suitable for long time storage?

The seller told me they don’t contain PVC, but I can’t seem to find any info of what material they are made from.

They seem pretty cool, a bit thicker and softer then the "Saflip" from Kointainer.

Does anybody have any experience with these flips?

Mylar is usually rigid......a softer plastic would be something I would want more info on before I trusted it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Safety Flips have low amounts of vinyl softener in them; low does not equal zero. These may be fine for a couple of hours at a local coin show, but I personally would stay away. I prefer the 100% mylar flips you referenced, intercept shield 2x2s (my personal favorite), "airtite" brand airtight capsules, and capital plastic holders for raw coins.

Saflip brand double pocket flip holders are made of Kodar which is a totally inert material that is a softer and more flexible type of Mylar. They have been around for years and I've never had a problem using them. Although they are more expensive that the PVC type of flips, they are worth it if your coins have any value.