• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone tell me if this is misleading?

14 posts in this topic

Looks good. I always think wild west when I see those coins. I know they are kinda before that time and more civil warish than that but they look like Marshall shields or something. I like em.

E-Bay listing should provide as much information as possible. Yours does just that. Further, everything you said is clear and accurate.

Just hope the coins go to the moon. E-Bay normally has bargain hunters however, sometimes you will just run into bidders that want something now and are willing to pay for it.

We like those.

misleading???

on the contrary

one of the most clear photos and honest descriptions summing the coins up well to waht they truly are and let the bidders deside to waht they want to bid

this is truly rare on ebay

Thanks guys. I just wanted another set of eyes to look at it. I didn't pay much for these, so I was a little surprised. Was wondering if maybe I've missed something :)

Nothing misleading to me either. I read it 3 times.

I have one small suggestion for further clarification. You mention "One appears to be slightly bent". After reading that, and rechecking the photo, I'm assuming it's the 1852. I would have been definitive saying "the 1852 is slightly bent". Just minor suggestion.

That's a good suggestion. I should have specified, but I was relying on the photo and the buyers perception. I also probably should have stated that it DOES have environmental damage rather than "may display some environmental damage" because according to the pic, it definitely does.

You did mention both in your original, so I believe you disclosed all. It's just a matter of how you state it. If I wanted those 2 coins, after reading your information, I would examine them closer and make a determination. As a seller, you disclosed the information and now it's up to the buyers.

Cool looking coins btw. Where did you get them?

I picked them up at an auction house near Buffalo NY. It was a 20-30% off all inventory weekend, so I got a great price on them. After discount, $18 for both. I posted here about it, and there was some negative feedback about it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6266966#Post6266966

...ended up getting $94 for the barber ;)