• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please post a Lincoln cent DDO using 10x

15 posts in this topic

Of course, the 1955 doubled die is famous for being a coin on which the doubling can be seen with the naked eye.

A better test would be if someone posted an image of the 1971-S Proof doubled die or the 1983 or 1995 doubled die.

thanks you so much. They are all great photos. When I look at these I feel the same way when I look at my coins with a 10x. I still say it will be able to see better with a magnification more than 10x.

With the 1980 coin, I can see the thickness however, I would feel better using a higher magnification.

I have put so many of those coins in my "already check box". How displeased I am with myself. So at this point, I will stop until I get a lens of 125x which is higher than a 10x and the strength I have with my floor lamp...

Thank you again

=)

This is probably close but it really depends on what res. you have your monitor set on. You control the display size.

Mbp7k072865-1.jpg

these things always make my eyes hurt

I think you have a point about a real serious coin collector, however some people do use the coins as investments.

If you used it as an investment you would want to sell it ...

You are correct MH, however, most here have said if you use this as an investment you are making a poor choice without a ton of knowledge. Try this as a gauge.....start a new thread asking about coins as investments. see what you get. Good luck.