• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh What A Year posted by wmfielding

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My first year collecting coins

First please let me wish each and every one of you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

2012 was my first year collecting and having my coins graded, And for a true beginner I think Ive done quite well. I sent in over 785 coins to be graded and was pleased with most of my submissions. yes I had a number of them come back in the dreaded purple slab But most of them came back as expected. As you can see by looking at my sets I collect modern coins as my wallet and knowlage will not permit buying Gold or the better graded older coins from the 1800's.So I'll keep to what I know and hopefully have another great year.

Some of the highlights of my first year collecting was finding a 1986 nickel in a prestage set come back PF 70 UC with a FMV of $2500.00 that coin is the highlight of my collection so far. There were a few other coins that came back with what I think were very high value. mostly Ike dollars and a few 1960's quarters.

I started out in Feb of last year ranked in the 10'000,s and ended the year ranked 859. my goal this year is to complete my Roosevelt dime collection , my proof amd mint sets and to break into the 500,s in rank. I know Its a loafty goal but I alway try and aim High and hope for the best.

Well my Friends I look forward to another year of collecting and learning from all of you. thank you for your help in 2012 and may All your futures be bright.

WM "MIKE" FIELDING

HUNTINGTON WV

See more journals by wmfielding