• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buying gold on PoliceAuction

13 posts in this topic

If anyone has checked the website, please check out their bids on gold. Gold coins, watches, and several other gold pieces. I am wondering if these items are real gold and worth the investment. bidding going on now for 1850-O gold one-half dollars....should end soon

That's way too much for that "rare" 1850-O $2 1/2 gold piece.

It isn't a rare coin in XF, it is not graded and I doubt it is better than VF.

It isn't that collectable or desireable based on its appearance.

Melt is around $200 and change. It is typical for auctions to include hyped uncertified and problem coins that suckers chase.

Municipal, law enforcement, seized property, etc. auctions are almost always farmed out to specialty companies that pray on public ignorance. Think of them as the calls from "The State Police Benevolent Society" and act accordingly.

Municipal, law enforcement, seized property, etc. auctions are almost always farmed out to specialty companies that pray(sic) on public ignorance. Think of them as the calls from "The State Police Benevolent Society" and act accordingly.

Freudian slip, rare here. Pray/prey is like sleigh/slay.

Freudian slip, rare here. Pray/prey is like sleigh/slay.

In this case both words apply, They prey on the ignorance and pray the public doesn't get any smarter.

I think you are right. I tink the name betray the cause...I am thinking that these items have been seized from drug dealers and etc. on the other hand I wonder how the drug dealer get the gold, watch, etc. These guys are in big business