• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retro Holders

8 posts in this topic

On the NGC website it says that ReHolders are not eligible for the new retro holders, so the definition means A coin in an NGC holder can be submitted for placement in a Scratch-Resistant EdgeView® holder. So does that mean i cannot submit my 2011 5 coin Anniversary set Early release and get the set in the new retro holders?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. The only way that you could have coins already certified by NGC put into the NGC Retro Holder is if you submitted them for grading (and checked ReGrade). You could not use our ReHolder service.

Max,

Just to make sure I understand correctly.

If I want my 2011 25th Anniversary coins to be encapsulated in the Retro holder I have to resubmit for grading and risk losing the 70 grade to do so?

Thanks,

Mike

• Administrator

Mike,

Any coin submitted to NGC and still sealed in the NGC holder is covered by the NGC Guarantee. In the very rare event that we feel the grade should actually be lower, we will compensate you under the terms of the guarantee. Just make sure you do not crack them out of the holders because otherwise you will lose both the 25th Anniversary Set pedigree and the NGC Guarantee coverage.

Max

What if you got the coin in Retro Holder already and want it reholdered later in a scratch resistant casing. This shouldn't be a problem after the Retro Holder program ends? The black core will still be used or transfered in the scratch resistant reholder...correct? Thanks.