• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest *new* sets! March 2024
36 36

3,282 posts in this topic

Hi Ali,

Would it be possible to add Maundy Sets to the Cook Islands registry? The Maundy sets were only issued in 2002 for Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.

2002 .999 Silver Maundy Set: 1P, 2P, 3P and 4P (mintage of 5,000 sets)

2002 .999 Gold Maundy Set: 1P, 2P, 3P and 4P (mintage of 2,002 sets)

Thanks for considering the request.

Greysoldier

• Administrator

Hello, Enric.

We have added this to our set request list. Thanks very much.

Spain---25 Centimos, 1931-1937, Circulation Issue

• Administrator

Thanks for the request, Dharma King.

We will add this new slot after the annual NGC Registry awards period has passed, in December. Thank you.

Hello Ali,

I had a different thought about my previous request for the Maundy type sets. Instead of the type sets, would it be possible to create a Maundy set for each monarch such as:

George V Maundy Complete 1911 - 1936

George VI Maundy Complete 1937 - 1952

Elizabeth II Maundy Complete 1953 - present

It should be much easier to create these sets since each date is already listed with scores in the Registry (except for Elizabeth II which currently has not yet been updated to 2014).

I think it would add a new dimension for Maundy sets rather than simply having all of them listed by year only.

Please consider the possibility of this request after the Registry Awards in December, and not consider my previous request for the Maundy type sets.

Thanks again,

greysoldier

I have a request for several sets arising from the same idea. Cameo and Deep/Ultra Cameo proof U.S. coinage from 1936-1942 is legitimately scarce and in many cases, the coins are absolute rarities in their own right. Notwithstanding their rarity and desirability, often only small point premiums are awarded over non-cameo coins, and collectors pursuing cameos are penalized or at least, it is hard to seriously compete with much more common non-cameo coins. A coin that is only of slightly higher technical grade that may otherwise be exceptionally common is weighed much higher (sometimes multiples of) the slightly lower graded coin (based on the plastic) despite the increased value and rarity associated with its cameo contrasts. I propose the following sets:

1936-1942 Cameo Proof Set, Date by Date

1936-1942 Cameo Type Proof Set

Lincoln Cents, 1936-1942, Proof Issue Cameo

Buffalo Nickels, 1936-1937, Proof Issue Cameo

Jefferson Nickels, 1938-1942, Proof Issue cameo

Mercury Dimes, 1936-1942, Proof Issue Cameo

Walking Liberty Half Dollars, 1936-1942, Proof Issue Cameo

Please note that categories already exist for the individual series sets, but in my opinion, it would be fitting to separate the cameo pieces out. Also, I do believe that there would be demand for the sets, as I am not the only one working on these. And I know that there are collectors who could put together serious sets with several coins. Also, to be clear, I think that only designated specimens should be included, not star coins that just miss cameo designations.

• Administrator

coinman_23885,

Thank you for your input. This is not a type of set that would be suitable for the purposes of the NGC Competitive Registry. This would be a suitable set for the NGC Custom Registry, however.

Hello Ali,

I was checking back to see if Saint Pierre & Miquelon would make the cut for a formal registry set. Preferably the full set during the French Union (1948 including 1&2 Francs in circulation/aluminum, essai/CuNi and piedfort/aluminum).

The 2004 issues are under a different governing body.

Thanks,

Stork

Edited to correct autocorrect!

Edited by Stork

• Administrator

Thanks for the inquiry, Stork.

These coins are more suitable for a Custom Registry set. Please let us know if you need assistance with the NGC Registry or Collection Manager in the future.

• Administrator

greysoldier,

We have concluded that it would be appropriate to build Maundy registry sets by ruler. We will look at creating these sometime in the new year. Thanks very much.

• Administrator

netfobia,

Our team has concluded that this is not suitable for the NGC Competitive Registry at this point in time. You may build Custom Registry sets, if you wish. Thanks very much.

• Administrator

Thanks for the request, ComeToCanadaNGC.

We will begin adding these new slots after the annual NGC Registry awards period has passed. Thank you.

Hello

Please Creating Sets Spain

SPAIN SILVER 50 CENTIMOS ALFONSO XII 1880 –1885

SPAIN SILVER 50 CENTIMOS ALFONSO XIII 1889 –1926

SPAIN SILVER 5 PESETAS ALFONSO XIII 1888 –1899

PHILIPPINES (SPANISH COLONY) SILVER 1 PESO ALFONSO XIII 1897

Regards Enric