• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest *new* sets! March 2024
36 36

3,282 posts in this topic

Hey Ali!

In last couple weeks there was a great progress with czar russian coins.

One thing that is weird: 25 kop made to the end of type(1858)

Silver 25 Kopeks, Nicholas I, 1832-1858, Circulation Issue

But 1/2 rouble not:

1/2 Rouble, Nicholas l, 1832-1854, Circulation Issue

Where will be 1/2 rouble 1855-1858?

I asked long time ago for this set:

Russian Type Sets: Alexander I (1801-1825), Nicholas l (1825-1855), Alexander ll (1855-1881), Alexander lll (1881-1894), Nicholas ll (1894-1917)

It seems that all the silver coin scores are ready for this type set. Is it possible to add a TYPE SET for only silver coinage?

Thanks!

Edited by Rain

• Administrator

Hello, Rain.

We are in the process of compiling all the data needed for the Type sets by Czar. We will add those slots you requested to the Circulation Issue set, as well. Thanks very much.

• Administrator

Hello, ComeToCanadaNGC.

Thanks for the request. Do you have a certification number for your coin, so we may look into this? If you prefer, you may email me at aemery@ngccoin.com. Thanks.

• Administrator

Hello, asdfgh,

Thanks for the new NGC Registry Set request. Our team has determined that these coins are appropriately represented in the sets that are already available. Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello, Enric.

These coins are some that we may consider for an NGC Competitive Registry Set in the future, but not at this current time. Thank you.

Edited by Ali E.

Hello Ali,

Could you consider adding

for Great Britain:

A proof set for the Britannias, 1997

for Japan:

5 yen 1949-1958 (Kaisho -script type)

10 yen 1951-1958 (reeded edge type)

1/2 sen 1877-1888 (v-shaped dragon scales)

1 sen 1916-1924

1 sen 1927-1938

2 sen 1877-1884 (v-shaped dragon scales)

5 sen 1917-1920 (large size)

5 sen 1920-1932 (small size)

10 sen extend the set to 1873-1906

10 sen 1907-1917 (or divide in 1912 when the Emperor changed)

10 sen 1920-1926

20 sen 1873-1905

20 sen 1906-1911

100 yen type set:

Phoenix (1957-1958)

Rice (1959-1966)

Cherry Blossom (1967-1988 Showa, and 1989-date Heisiei)

Tokyo Olympic 1964

World Expo 1970

Sapporo Olympic 1972

International Ocean Expo 1975

50th Year Emperor's Reign 1976

Thanks for considering :)

Hello All,

This is my first post and I bet I’m doing it wrong.

I have two reg sets out there one in thematic and one in shield nics.

I would like to ad a more robust descriptive narrative (incl pics) to my list description. Any advice on how I should go about doing that?

Hello Ali,

It has been forever! I hope all is good with you.

I lost the passion for coin collecting and sold a lot of my collection. But I am finding my way back in to it, slowly.

Well anyways, the reason for my letter is to ask if you could please add the 2015 slot to the "Australia - Silver - $10 Kookaburra" set?

I apologize if I am in the wrong area or screen for this request. I have forgotten how we use to write to each other.

Thanks Ali. Talk with you again soon,

Brett

• Administrator

Hello, Brett.

Glad to hear you are still collecting. We have added a slot here:

Australia - Bullion

Set Name: Kookaburra, Silver $10, 10 Ounce, 1992-Date, Mint State

Slot Name: 2015P.

Let us know when we can assist in the future. Have a good day.

• Administrator

Hello, Stork, and thanks for the requests.

Our World team has concluded that the 1997 Great Britain coins are already sufficiently represented in the Registry. We will get the Japan sets added to the Set-Request list. Thank you.

• Administrator

Stork,

Our team has approved this. We will get it added to the Set Request list. Thanks very much.

Hello Ali,

Is there any way we could separate the birds from the ducks in the "Canada - Commemorative - 25 Cents, Birds of Canada Series, 2008-Date, Specimen" set? And could you please delete the "2013 EASTERN-TAILED BLUE - COLORIZED" coin slot. There is no such coin.

Also, seeing that they are going to continue the "Silver $10 Colorized Duck Proof" series, could we separate those from the Canada - Commemorative - Silver $10, Commemorative Issues, 1973-Date, Proof" set?

Thank you so much,

Brett

• Administrator

Hi, Brett.

Thanks for the request. We removed the ducks, as they are not part of that series. We do not want to create smaller sets of the $10 proof coins at this point in time. Thanks very much.

Hello Ali,

Is there any way we could remove the "2013 EASTERN-TAILED BLUE - COLORIZED" (which is a coin that has a butterfly on it - "SP 2013 25C CANADA CONEFLOWER & BUTTERFLY COLORIZED") from the "25 Cents, Birds of Canada Series, 2008-Date, Specimen" set, that is a series for birds?

Thank you,

Brett

Ali,

Sorry! I forgot part two of my question.

Could you please add a slot for the 2014 SCARLET TANAGER in the "25 Cents, Birds of Canada Series, 2008-Date, Specimen" set? If you want to look one up, here is mine ( 3966333-005 ).

Thanks again,

Brett

Ali,

GREAT JOB! I would like to suggest a correction and few sets:

Correction, Mexico: you have listed " Gold Escudo Type Set, Hand on Book, 1825-1870, Circulation Issue" in the Republic Decimal Coinage section. Escudos were not decimal coinage but part of the Reales/Escudos system.

New suggestions for Mexico First Republic:

Mexico, circulation issue: Cap & Rays 1/2 real KM#370 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: Cap & Rays real KM#372 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: Cap & Rays 2 reales KM#374 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: Cap & Rays 4 reales KM#375 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: Liberty head cuartilla (1/4 de real) KM#368several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: 1/2 Escudo hand on book KM#378 several varieties several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: 2 Escudos hand on book KM#380 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: 4 Escudos hand on book KM#381 several varieties

Mexico, circulation issue: 8 Escudos hand on book KM#383 several varieties

All these are delightful classic Mexican coins.

Thanks for considering!

• Administrator

Meade Collection,

Thank you for the information. We will take care of the category correction, and we will present your set requests to our World team and get back to you. Thanks very much, and have a nice weekend.

• Administrator

njf,

Thanks for the request. At this point in time, this is something that is more suitable for a Custom Registry Set.

Edited by Ali E.

njf,

Thanks for the request. At this point in time, this is something that is more suitable for a Custom Registry Set.

Does NGC put a new coin type in when the first one is graded? I mean, I have built a custom registry set and I didnt have the intention to build a competitive set out of it, but theres a coin in the set that isnt in the world database. Is this a case of nobody ever having one graded?

As a side note, the coin exists, but NGC and PCGS world databases and population reports dont show it.

fX2cvm8l.jpg

Edited by njf