• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 25th ASE Anniversary vs. 2012 75th San Francisco Anniversary

6 posts in this topic

Which set is more value?

Question which one of the two 2011 25th ASE Anniversary Set and 2012 75th San Francisco Anniversary Set was a better buy or value? As I see it the 25th had a low mintage and the reverse proof was only the second one ever minted at Philadelphia the only special coin was the uncalculated coin minted at San Francisco. But I see the 75th a better value because, although it has a high mintage than the 25th, that it has two coins minted at the San Francisco Mint with the San Francisco mint mark on the coins in a set that has never been in a set together before from the San Francisco Mint. Yes the ASE Proof had been minted at the San Francisco Mint during the start till 1992 but the reverse proof along with the proof ASE makes it special in my eyes with the San Francisco Mint "S" mint mark. Your thoughts?

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

From a production standpoint the San Francisco reverse proof may be the highest quality. Check out this side by side of all three reverse proofs. The 2006 is PF 68.

Gary

Misc3.jpg

Since one of the SAEs from the 2 coin 75th San Francisco set is also available in the "Making American History Coin and Currency Set", it kind of brings down the 2 coin set's overall value...IMHO.

Jeffrey

I really hope the Mint is finished with their San Francisco tribute, it's breaking the bank to keep up. Yet they informed us earlier this year that an Annual S-Minted MS eagle was or might be in the works. I'd like to see an occasional Denver Mint eagle to round everything out?

I really hope the Mint is finished with their San Francisco tribute, it's breaking the bank to keep up. Yet they informed us earlier this year that an Annual S-Minted MS eagle was or might be in the works. I'd like to see an occasional Denver Mint eagle to round everything out?

Maybe we'll get really lucky and they will offer mint marked and non min-marked eagles from each of the mints, maybe even open up a new mint!!!!!!!!!!