• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff n' Thangs posted by bradman

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Coins, "The little bits of metal in my life"

Coins.... what do they mean to me? Some might say that they are something that gives one something to do. That they connect you with a particular childhood memory. Maybe they give them somewhere to belong? Maybe they give them a purpose? Maybe... For me however, they are a link to a greater meaning of being a connection with history, a feeling that I am not awash alone in a sea of humanity, that I am linked, however tenuously with my kin from another time. With my people from another place and time. Maybe that dollar was in the pocket of my great-grandfather? Maybe that dime was in the pocket of my president from another life? I'll never know...except that I do! I am an American and a resident of this planet. From Alexander to Obama. I am here and in my hand and in my soul coins link me to the great chain of history and though I am nothing when I hold them I am something and I leave my mark upon the world though it be small!

See more journals by bradman