• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This seems suspicious

186 posts in this topic

Just because a picture is on Craigs list does not mean anyone that posted it has ever seen it - I trust Craigs List much less than eBay

Have you ever wondered how easy it is to pull a picture off of eBay and save it on your computer for a couple weeks so it disappears from eBay searches?

Also I suspect the per capita scammers in FL may be higher than many places.

I believe the guy DJ's Coin's, but suspect he gets paid mostly commission and spends hours cold calling people who would be happy getting as good as the deals seen on television.

It seems that at least 30% of the women that live on Long Island are named Michelle.. They story is so goofy it has to be true.

MJ

I've also heard that many people who live on LI are retarded. Bring on a class action suit.

Sigh.......

For my part, and my part only, I tried, Mr. Bucks.

God knows I have tried.

Patton did get run over by the proverbial truck in the end....

There might be a thought worth pondering in that sad end to the story.

so that is a mute point.

FYI, "moot." That's the term you want to use, there.

Thank You for your observation.

Actually, I wanted to use "mute"...like that button on your computer.

It was not intended to be a legal statement. The intent was factual noise reduction.

However, it is kind of you to consider another method on my behalf.

Dennis, please don't take this the wrong way, you have to understand there are alot of dealers here. I am just a truck driver with a very varied background, who spends too much money on worthless coins probably. That being said, this forum has a ton of professionals that are very protective of their chosen field, some have defended you, others have not. (being polite) You joined this forum and set off a bunch of alarms, you became very defensive about prices, was very secretive, and in general did not seem to fit the norm of all the dealers here. Then it seemingly got worse. I think you are probably legit because I don't think a scammer would come back for this kind of abuse, but you may just be brave. I have a sarcastic sense of humor, most of my posts reflect that, but as far as my post about how to run a business..........there is a bit of truth to that. If what you said is true about those employees, I would never leave them unattended. Beleive me, you are not alone in this treatment, these guys spare no one. So welcome to the club. It is what you make of it

OMG. Patton is dead???? Next thing I know someone will tell me Santa Claus is a lie.

Don't you guys even figure out which of my posts are serious and which ones are meant to be humorous (although perhaps tacky)? Next thing I will know you will tell me the tooth fairy is dead.

I think I will spend the rest of the night removing some 18th century gold coins I inherited from my great aunt from staple holdered cardboard thingies. Then a nice baking soda cleaning and a rock tumbler to make them nice and shiny.

Thank You.

OMG. Patton is dead???? Next thing I know someone will tell me Santa Claus is a lie.

Don't you guys even figure out which of my posts are serious and which ones are meant to be humorous (although perhaps tacky)? Next thing I will know you will tell me the tooth fairy is dead.

I think I will spend the rest of the night removing some 18th century gold coins I inherited from my great aunt from staple holdered cardboard thingies. Then a nice baking soda cleaning and a rock tumbler to make them nice and shiny.

Thank You.

That may be a worthy pursuit to close out the evening.

A dash of serious enterprise has a way of centering a person, even if the enterprise chosen is insane.

Do not try pondering. It seems to have a less than sublime effect on your affect.

I have a grinder with a 36 grit belt that will speed up the process

I'm sending a bunch of $4 Stellas to you right away. My great-great aunt was a hooker in DC afterall so might as well clean the you-know-what off of these.

Dennis called me while I was in a meeting with my medical director and some nurses. He sounded like a nice fellow and I directed him to read jimbucks thread and reply to it to defend himself.

Dennis called me while I was in a meeting with my medical director and some nurses. He sounded like a nice fellow and I directed him to read jimbucks thread and reply to it to defend himself.

Good Evening, Mr. mkman,

It appears that you are responding to one of my Posts, although I am not certain.

If so, I would need this information because???

If not, mea culpa.

Now, tell us about the nurses.....

Malice free,

John

I'm sending a bunch of $4 Stellas to you right away. My great-great aunt was a hooker in DC afterall so might as well clean the you-know-what off of these.

She was in congress? Regarding another thread, do you think she claimed her illegal income on her taxes?

Oh no, is he responsible for the you-know-what on the Stellas....

Oh no, is he responsible for the you-know-what on the Stellas....

jimbucks, you'll go blind and grow hair on your palms,

There are some members who are good for the forum, some members who add to the forum, and some whom are neutral (they learn and contribute and/.or luck and it is all good).

Then, there are members like the OP that just want to be heard and to play little games that benefit themselves and never acknowledging when they screwed up or that they are on a social venue but are far from social.

It's a real shame.

There are some members who are good for the forum, some members who add to the forum, and some whom are neutral (they learn and contribute and/.or luck and it is all good).

Then, there are members like the OP that just want to be heard and to play little games that benefit themselves and never acknowledging when they screwed up or that they are on a social venue but are far from social.

It's a real shame.

Thank You. Have a good day.

It seems that at least 30% of the women that live on Long Island are named Michelle.. They story is so goofy it has to be true.

MJ

:signfunny:

I honestly don't know...IS the OP for real, everything that happened was all a big missunderstanding and we all just jumped the gun?

OR

Are WE ( all the members who commented here) correct about the OP being a "scam"? Now is the OP is resorting to a big excuse-like explanation to try to convince us we are wrong because he really wants to scam us now that we made him mad?

IMHO, pretty much every adult has an eBay account. if I were a scam salesman with an eBay acct with 100% pos. FB, I would use that as "support." Also, (this may be a stretch, but it is very easy to do) How do we know it is YOUR eBay account? Anyone could browse through eBay listings, find a seller in his/her city or town, copy the link to that persons FB and then "Sell it" as the scam artists acct.

-Dave

She was in congress? Regarding another thread, do you think she claimed her illegal income on her taxes?

:banana:HAHAHAHA!!! It took me a minute to think of which thread you are talking about George. Nice one! :golfclap:

-Dave

It's a real shame.

Thank You. Have a good day.

JimBucks... Have you ever gone to someones house at night, lit a bag of dog "Crud" on fire, rang the doorbell and hid behind a bush?

If you have not, I suggest you get a video camera and do it. Post it on Youtube where I am sure millions of 16 year olds will watch it and call you AWESOME.

I am sure that you have wanted to "prank" some members on here, just for personal gain ofcourse. (The guy on the receiving end may not find such situations as humorus.)

I would hope that your sense of humor is not limited to the forums. I also applaude how you deal with all the babble directed towards you on here.

:kidaround:-Dave

Before everybody takes sides here, don't you think it would be prudent to see how it all plays out? especially before you condemn a longtime member over a new member? I'll tell you what, all of you condemning jimbucks, you buy something from the new guy. let us know how it works out. Then maybe you'll get somebod to say they were wrong, until then treat jimbucks the way you say the new guy should be trteated, or be hypocrites.

George.

I don't know if I am also included in your above post but I'm not trying to condem, or beat down JimBucks. My previous post about dog turds was just an attempt to divert where the tread was going. I think there were 3 posts in row that were directed at Jimbucks in a negative way.

I know there are a bunch of members here who are tired of his "rants" but c'mon really? He has a different method of responding and interpereting to certain events on the Forums. Whats the big deal if he calls is how he sees it?

I can see where others are comming from in defense of the person or article Jimbucks targets but why slam him, when it obviously doesn't matter what some of us think?

MarkFeld seems to always pop in to defend others, which can be good. But how can you defend someone and their reputation when you have no personal experiences with the "targeted person"?

Its one thing if Jim calls a guy that you, Mark and several other members know very well a "crook", and you tell him that the guy just had a bad day with something in their personal life.

But responding to JimBuck's accusations by assuming he is 100% wrong and his attack is without warrant, doens't say much about anything.

Like it was said before, "look into it," do some investigating before saying something. Just because Jimbucks "jumped the gun" doesn't mean we shouldn't see if he is wrong or right BEFORE saying anything directed at JimBucks.

Do some people here find Jim's opinions and rants to be hostile and inapropriate?

Well then I am sure I would really push the envelope if some of you went to Happy hour with me. I have no filter, I am extremely opinionated on many subjects and it makes no difference to me if you agree with me or not. You can tell me I am wrong and I could care less untill you show me something solid to support what you think.

-Dave

Just because a picture is on Craigs list does not mean anyone that posted it has ever seen it - I trust Craigs List much less than eBay

Have you ever wondered how easy it is to pull a picture off of eBay and save it on your computer for a couple weeks so it disappears from eBay searches?

Also I suspect the per capita scammers in FL may be higher than many places.

I believe the guy DJ's Coin's, but suspect he gets paid mostly commission and spends hours cold calling people who would be happy getting as good as the deals seen on television.

I would agree with you in regards Craigslist/Ebay. I would also agree on the ease of pulling a saving a picture off of Ebay. I was pointing out that the phone number listed on the Craigslist ad in Daytona is/was the same cell number as the one Dennis listed in his original post here. And one of the coins listed in the Craigslist ad was one of the coins that was sold (I'm not saying anything about whether the buyer came through) on Dennis's Ebay account 2 days prior.

From craigslist Daytona, FL post : " Please email or text me 631-9217616"

From the post here : "email or text me dennis.mugno@gmail.com 631 9217616."

I hope he's legit. I really do.

And for those that don't want to link through, here is the complete craigslist post.

Selling my gold and silver coin collection. morgans indian heads etc. (FL)

What I have for sale is my extensive and vast coin collection. Its worth about $20,000 and has both gold and silver in it.

Most of my coins are in the slads straight from the top grader PCGS/NGC. The condition of the coins range from BU,AU,MS-60 to MS-65 depending on the coin.

What I have...

SILVER:

Half Dollar: Seated Liberties, Walking Liberties, and JFKS.

Dollar: Seated Liberties, Morgans & the rare carson city dollars, and Peace dollars.

GOLD:

Dollar: Seated Liberties type 1& type 3.

2 and a half (Quarter Eagle): Classic Heads, Coronet Heads, Indian Heads (alot of rare dates). ( I have 3 1908 Indian Heads: 2 MS-62 1 MS-60)

5 dollar (Half Eagle): Classic Heads & Coronet Heads.

Obviously I dont have every single date, but I have over 120 coins.

I accept checks, money orders, and even credit cards. I have a terminal add-on for my iPhone which accepts VISA,MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER. Sorry no AMEX.

I have been collecting for years I know weather or not Im getting ripped off. Gold/Silver store dealers please dont bother contacting me. I know the price I want for each coin and its not enough for you to turn around and sell it for a profit so please dont bother. This is more for others who collect and actually enjoy the hobby.

Please email or text me 631-9217616

George.

I don't know if I am also included in your above post but I'm not trying to condem, or beat down JimBucks. My previous post about dog turds was just an attempt to divert where the tread was going. I think there were 3 posts in row that were directed at Jimbucks in a negative way.

I know there are a bunch of members here who are tired of his "rants" but c'mon really? He has a different method of responding and interpereting to certain events on the Forums. Whats the big deal if he calls is how he sees it?

I can see where others are comming from in defense of the person or article Jimbucks targets but why slam him, when it obviously doesn't matter what some of us think?

MarkFeld seems to always pop in to defend others, which can be good. But how can you defend someone and their reputation when you have no personal experiences with the "targeted person"?

Its one thing if Jim calls a guy that you, Mark and several other members know very well a "crook", and you tell him that the guy just had a bad day with something in their personal life.

But responding to JimBuck's accusations by assuming he is 100% wrong and his attack is without warrant, doens't say much about anything.

Like it was said before, "look into it," do some investigating before saying something. Just because Jimbucks "jumped the gun" doesn't mean we shouldn't see if he is wrong or right BEFORE saying anything directed at JimBucks.

Do some people here find Jim's opinions and rants to be hostile and inapropriate?

Well then I am sure I would really push the envelope if some of you went to Happy hour with me. I have no filter, I am extremely opinionated on many subjects and it makes no difference to me if you agree with me or not. You can tell me I am wrong and I could care less untill you show me something solid to support what you think.

-Dave

I haven't seen or written a single post in this thread, "assuming he is 100% wrong and his attack is without warrant". So please don't use that language to try to make your point. My point, all along, has been that he went about his accusations in a reckless and unfair fashion. And I still stand by that, now.

The seller in question has not been shown to be a crook or a coward, nor have the coins been shown to be hot. The burden should be on the accuser to substantiate such (serious and potentially harmful) allegations, not on others to prove that the accuser has stepped over the line with his accusations.

I happen to think that the accuser loves attention and isn't particularly concerned with how he gets it. Consequently, unless I forget, this will be my last post directed to or about him, in any thread on the NGC forums.

George.

-Dave

I haven't seen or written a single post in this thread, "assuming he is 100% wrong and his attack is without warrant". So please don't use that language to try to make your point. My point, all along, has been that he went about his accusations in a reckless and unfair fashion. And I still stand by that, now.

The seller in question has not been shown to be a crook or a coward, nor have the coins been shown to be hot. The burden should be on the accuser to substantiate such (serious and potentially harmful) allegations, not on others to prove that the accuser has stepped over the line with his accusations.

I happen to think that the accuser loves attention and isn't particularly concerned with how he gets it. Consequently, unless I forget, this will be my last post directed to or about him, in any thread on the NGC forums.

I have Marks back here. This is not the first time Jim Bucks has called someone a scammer, cheat or made some other derogatory comment without solid proof to back up his claim. I do not believe Jims intentions are bad but the way he goes about it are questionable. I have made posts based on first-hand experience with a certain Ebay seller to advise people on the boards to use caution if they decide to purchase that sellers raw coins. My posts were based on fact not suspicion.

Some legal education for you Jim Bucks. You never had any dealings with the EBAY seller or Liberty coins but you choose to call them crooks on a public forum. That’s basic libel. If any monetary damage is caused by something you posted and it was proven that your comments were libel you are setting yourself up for a law suit. I am only using this as an example - as you are not going to get sued here.

Just some food for thought going forward.

I concur with the Marks.

Strong words should not be thrown out lightly or without considerable forethought.

Healthy suspicion is a good thing, and if the OP had left it there I don't think there would be much of an issue. In fact, I think people would be appreciative of the warning.

Furthermore, I believe that in most situations one needs only respond with the minimum action necessary to quell a threat. In this case a simple warning would have had the same effect on potential buyers as the words that were chosen. By going beyond what was necessary, a predictable and necessary opposite reaction occurred from those who prefer to analyze situations rationally.

Heres a picture of our office, and a few coins i had laying around.

http://imageshack.us/f/805/photosep2744042pm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/805/photosep2744122pm.jpg/

I hope this helps some, I would really like to gain trust here, please let me know if you need any other evidence for me to post in the money market.

thank you,

dennis.

130490.jpg.fd0f64af1e70a477b121e0f1859db650.jpg

130491.jpg.2c5796b21c068750d60169ab960c8e17.jpg

so that is a mute point.

FYI, "moot." That's the term you want to use, there.

Thank You for your observation.

Actually, I wanted to use "mute"...like that button on your computer.

It was not intended to be a legal statement. The intent was factual noise reduction.

However, it is kind of you to consider another method on my behalf.

Oh, I see. Your statement was,

I have already found out about the Pittsburg routing, so that is a mute point

I just naturally assumed from that context that you were intending the term "moot" as a means of expressing irrelevance but because you rather didn't have that term in your vocabulary you resorted to the term "mute" because the terms sound alike. I didn't know you were actually intending to express "factual noise reduction" in that context, I just thought that was a dumb mistake on your part.

I will say, though, that is a very curious (as in, weird) usage of that term, "mute."