• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: GORGEOUS toned 1819/18 CBH VF35; LOVELY 2 sided toned 1901 O $; 1885 $ MS65

2 posts in this topic

This 1819/18 CBH is absolutely gorgeous in hand. I only wish my photography skills and setup were better. Grading VF35, and attributed as an O-101, the obverse glows with multiple electric shades of red, blue, yellow and green, surrounding the portrait like a halo. The reverse shows a crisp sapphire ring with golden rose centers. Aesthetically over the top, and technically a circulated Gem, with, perhaps, a light century old wipe. One of the prettiest Capped Bust Halves I've encountered. $600

GEMS009.jpg

GEMS008.jpg

GEMS007.jpg

GEMS006.jpg

GEMS005.jpg

GEMS004.jpg

GEMS003.jpg

GEMS002.jpg

GEMS001.jpg

1901 O MORGAN, Beautiful two sided toner, grading MS62+, with some chatter on the cheek, and typical flat "O" mint strike at center. BUT, bathed in bright sapphire, seagreen, red and yellow, and really doing a Peakock (censored) strut on the reverse. Also shows doubling on the inside (left) of the "O", and on the lettering starting at "D" and up through the star, spread counterclockwise. I couldn't determine which VAM it might be, but interesting nonetheless. Great coin. $150

GEMS023.jpg

GEMS022.jpg

GEMS021.jpg

GEMS020.jpg

GEMS019.jpg

GEMS018.jpg

GEMS017.jpg

1879 S MORGAN MS66+ This glowing white Superb Gem looks like a modern day Mint special issue. The obverse is nearly flawless, with the reverse showing just a few tiny tics on either side between the wings and the wreath. If not for these, this exceptional dollar would already be on the way to PCGS for a 67 designation. SOLD

GEMS011.jpg

GEMS010.jpg

GEMS012.jpg

1885 P MORGAN MS65, just a tiny cut on the cheek (just the short one, long thin one is toning) away from 66. Beautiful. $125

GEMS015.jpg

GEMS016.jpg