• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

proof 50/50?

7 posts in this topic

I would have to see the context. Offhand I would guess that this is a circulated proof which has been assigned a net grade of AU50 for both the obverse and reverse. Or, it might have something to do with the alcoholic capacity of coin collectors smile.gif

for me proof 50 means this

proof is a method of manufacture not a grade but when it is combined with a 50 that measn the coin is a proof coin that has been worn down to a grade of

au 50 likely that the coin got into circulation and got some wear enough wear on the high poinrs where

it was then graded 50 meaning lightly circulated and then proof because it is a double struck

coin with deep mirror surfaces struck for collectors and not actually struck and relaesed for circulation

sincerely michael

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It means that when you buy a coin as proof from certain dealers there's a 50/50 chance that it is one. grin.gif