• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1900-O/CC in PL or DPL does not exist

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering why NGC requires the 1900-O/CC in the PL and DPL section of the registry when this type of coin does not exist. The population reports show that none exist at PCGS or NGC in PL or DPL. This would make the completion of the Morgan series in PL or DPL virtually impossible to finish. We all know about the one and only 1933 Saint Gauden in private possession. The 1933 Saint is not required for completion in the Saint series with NGC or PCGS. Also, I wanted to know why the 1879-CC Capped is a required coin in the CC series when it is only a variety of the 1879-CC. If you start doing varieties in the registry, then you should have to list them all, or maybe just the top 100. :shrug

I think there's a difference between "does not exist" and "may not exist". My guess is that there's no certainty that none exists, just none yet certified.

But, I see your point...

EVP