• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My USPS rant

40 posts in this topic

I haven't had a problem with USPS, always been good to me

Same here. I've always been on a first name basis with my regular carrier and have always got good service from them. I guess I've just been lucky all these years.

I'm sorry to hear of the OP's problem with a delivery.

I have been getting excellent results with their priority mail; it is inexpensive and like clockwork any place in the U.S., two days. I mail a priority on Saturday, it arrives on Monday in CA or FL!!! My insurance only covers $5K on priority, so I ship express if it is over that. It is partly a government entity, so USPS has better control in most cases than the alternatives. UPS has been known to leave packages far more often in vulnerable places; FedEx was the object of a rant by a leading currency dealer who had a mega dollar rarity damaged and other parcels stolen; I have had no problems with FedEx except for extra expenses.

That said, what has bothered me about the USPS at times is that as a partly government agency, they will put people on their "watch" list if they see anything "suspicious" and you know the government has had a really big problem sorting out real fraud from what "looks" like it. As long as you ship to corporate addresses or known secure locations, it is unlikely you are going to have a problem. I like many others get my mail at a certified mail delivery center.

Hello All,

My USPS was the same way until I talked to the shipping supervisor, and told him that our particular postal worker does not knock on our door. What he does is put the notice right in our mail box.

This happened three times in a row, and I was home with my truck in the driveway and the garage door OPEN. I did not want to get the carrier in trouble so I approached the supervisor in a gentlemanly way.

I get a knock at the door every time now. :acclaim:

I can understand not wanting to get people in trouble, but, MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to do your freakin job correctly without being asked. Maybe if more people got their lousy mail carriers in trouble, the whole organization would straighten up and more people would use them and they wouldn't be posting a 500,000,000 dollar loss and increasing our deficit!!!!, to you MAILMAN, this is not directed at you. Just the lousy ones. There, todays demons have been exorcised

While we're waiting in suspense for the original ranter to announce the outcome of his traumatic experience, and in order to help keep us preoccupied while patiently waiting, after suffering through this overly long yet trivial thread, I'll share a cute rant I just came across, even though not exactly on topic:

100 Word Rant by Dave Maleckar ----

"I hate to discard pants that are still good enough for painting. I also hate painting, so I don't need a lot of painting clothes. Still, I just can't see throwing these pants away when they've got some life in them. Also, they're clean, so there's the soap, water, and energy investment to consider. If I'm going to throw them away, I should wear them once more and throw them away dirty. That's less wasteful. They're too good to toss, too worn out to give to the thrift store. As a matter of fact, they came from the thrift store."

The item has been received. There are some Chinese stamps all over it. The USPS still does not seem to employ English speaking people.

End of rant.

Thank You.

Addendum.

This shipment was a bunch of 1950's proof sets. I am sure it was chock full of PF UCAMs. The USPS changed them out for non-PF UCAMs. I just know it!

:signfunny: