• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.deleted.

42 posts in this topic

To the OP, I am not surprised the dealer is holding the money for this period of time, and I don't blame him given the fraud that has surrounded these in recent years. Your coin will arrive; I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It also pisses me off that this is a constitutional issue. Any constitutional legal scholars here?

The First Amendment applies only to the federal government and to the states through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. There is no application here to private, non-governmental actors. With this said, I don't consider the OP's original statements to constitute slander, although I wouldn't have posted in this manner or become upset for the dealer's policy.

This pisses me off as well.

What we talking about again ? :roflmao:

How is it that p*** isn't censored, but benign words including the names of presidential parties are? The censoring software is interesting to say the least. :devil::roflmao:

Slander? The truth is not slander.

The truth is the truth.

Perhaps you should read the constitution. And if give me the right to call you a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces.

First off, the constitution has nothing to do with the seller's terms and conditions, and I quote:

less...

About UsTerms & ConditionsSpecialties

Images available upon request. Ask for Mark Senden @ 1-800-927-7273. 5 day return privilege. $10 Insured Shipping and Handling on all Certified coin orders. Shipping and Handling will be determined per transaction on Bullion Orders. We accept Visa, MC, Discover and Amex through Paypal. Check or Money Orders need to clear 10 business days or use PayPal for faster service. Sorry No Credit Cards on Bullion Orders.

Wait the 10 days.

Well Jimbucks asked us what we think and now he knows. It looks like all of us side with the seller.

The seller published his terms and Jimbucks agreed to them by ordering. Seller is abiding by his terms and Jimbucks isn't happy about that. Sorry Jim but you are the one in the wrong here.

If you don't want to do business in the future with someone who abides by his terms of sale that is up to you.

Bought a coin from a major dealer. Says he will not ship coin because he insists on holding my Western Union money order for 10 days.

WTF???

I say, I won't buy from him again. This is ridiculous.

The dealer is Mark Senden.

Perhaps I should just tell him to F-off and return my money.

What do you think?

Western Union money orders are very dangerous, as they have been the go-to choice for every type of financial fraud imaginable. I have had scam artists asking me to buy them and mail them out, etc. I will not accept them at all. This dealer is allowing it to clear prior to shipment, and you should reconsider telling him where to go.

This seems to be getting out of hand. You guys don't need to inflame this any more than it already is.

I can understand that the OP is frustrated with the terms. Sometimes they can seem a bit over the top. However, if those are the terms, then that's what they are. Maybe you could work out a better set of terms directly with the dealer next time? I do think 10 days is a bit long though.

It also pisses me off that this is a constitutional issue. Any constitutional legal scholars here?

You mean that antiquated document of negative liberties? (That I uphold and swore an oath to, and will continue until my dying breath)

The amendment in the Constitution for Western Union money orders was never ratified.

The amendment in the Constitution for Western Union money orders was never ratified.

:roflmao:

Have a good day.

I take it the coin has shipped, and you realize you were mistaken for trashing the seller, even though it was your own fault for not thoroughly reading the seller's terms for paying with a money order?