• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another 1950 PF-65 CAM pickup

7 posts in this topic

how did that get cameo???? Sometimes it seems like PCGS isn't consistent as I've had some with the reverse like that get no cameo designation and others get it.

how did that get cameo???? Sometimes it seems like PCGS isn't consistent as I've had some with the reverse like that get no cameo designation and others get it.

It could be the ones with cameo reverses were not considered by PCGS to have cameo obverses, since the CAM grade requires both rev and obv to have it. The other thing is that pictures often don't reflect the quality of a coin in hand.

I'm sure the pictures do not reflect the coin in hand. Also, if you really want to worry about the harder ones to find in cameo, put away a few 52's with even contrast on the obverse and the reverse, the 51 is probably the next toughest. A lot of people think the 50 is uncommon in cameo, but percentage wise, there is a larger percentage of 50's in cameo than a lot of the other dates. Best of luck on your Franklin Cameo collection.

I'm sure the pictures do not reflect the coin in hand. Also, if you really want to worry about the harder ones to find in cameo, put away a few 52's with even contrast on the obverse and the reverse, the 51 is probably the next toughest. A lot of people think the 50 is uncommon in cameo, but percentage wise, there is a larger percentage of 50's in cameo than a lot of the other dates. Best of luck on your Franklin Cameo collection.

Thanks. Right now, I am trying to find a 1959 and 1960 PF-69 CAM as upgrades ot my set. One step at a time. From experience the 1950 took me the longest time to find and complete my set, so now I appreciate how tough they are to come by and have 2 of them. I agree with you that the early 1950's ones in general are tough, I got lucky when I acquired mine.

All opinions appreciated.

Thank You.