• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colonial coin collector societies/websites

8 posts in this topic

I'm getting the inclination to acquire more colonials. Suggestions on websites/user forums, et cetera on this topic?

Thank You.

Buy a copy of David Bowers' book the Whitman Encyclopedia of Colonial and Early American Coins. It's the best book I've seen on the subject.

As for buying these coins, I can't stress enough the need to look at as many of them in person as you can. This is totally different from regular U.S. mint coinage. If think that the early U.S. coins from the 1790s are crude, they look "high tech" compared to many colonial and early American pieces.

I am not a 4C club member, but from what I have seen of their organization at the EAC conventions in partictular, they are great organization.

www.CoinRaritiesOnline.com

a retail website with interesting reports on the colonial market and a coin archive with some quite interesting coins of the american colonies