• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think I've Been Banned From the CU Forums

26 posts in this topic

When it happened to me (I used auto login), I got a message when I went to the web site that my cookies were invalid. Trying to login gave an error message of some sort (something about administrator settings or something like that).

As for why you were banned:

1) Spreading lies about PCGS and what they will slab. Stating that they are anything but the most conservative grading service on the face of the planet.

It is common knowledge that PCGS will holder problem coins (ie: polished, wiped, cleaned, retoned, repaired, environmental damage, counterstamped, etc.) if the coin is old enough or expensive enough or rare enough, or any combination of the three.

2) Spreading vicious lies about PCGS not bagging coins for problems and having a double standard.

I've also seen numerous gold coins from the 1700's that were either wiped, lightly polished, minor repairs, etc. that were holdered by PCGS. Yet........try submitting a common Morgan or Walker or any modern issue that has been cleaned, repaired, etc. and see what happens.......clearly a double standard.

3) David Hall has already stated that there are only a small handful of world class graders. This implies differently. Disagreeing with Chipmunk is grounds for immediate banning!

When PCGS tells me they can't hire more graders, I think there's a LOT more to it than simply very few people are qualified.

4) PCGS is a dream job and implying anything else is sacrilege.

Well.....to be serious, there are many, many, many, many people that are excellent and proficient graders, both dealers and collectors alike. Perhaps for one reason or another they just don't want to work for PCGS.

5) Attacking the financial float of PCGS. 893naughty-thumb.gif

imagine all the collectors who put their economy submissions on their credit cards, and are then paying up to 18-21% APR interest for a couple months on the balance while their coins sit in a room somewhere waiting to be graded....and in the meantime, PCGS is collecting interest on that money.

And it's not like PCGS would risk getting burned on their fees if they charged you immediately proir to the coins being sent back to the submitter, after all, they still have your coins.

6) Suggesting that PCGS likes doctored coins.

Just FYI.....PCGS loves newly dipped coins, especially when they exhibit that artificially flashy 'just dipped' lustre IMO, at least that's what I've seen as far as generic Morgan dollars goes over the years.

I've seen soooooo many original coins with slightly subdued original lustre or non-descript original color get bumped at PCGS after a Jeweluster bath.

Any of those 6 sins is enough for banning or death! Clearly you are a troublemaker who likes to lie about PCGS because you have an agenda!!!

OK, actually, I have no idea why you were banned. I went thru a bunch of your recent posts and nothing seemed out of line. Perhaps just computer problems? A mistake?

What's truly frightening is that Greg assembled his response to you the way he did. 893whatthe.gif Altogether too proficient at finding the kind of material that got you, dragon, banned in a sea of crapola over there. Obsessive, just a little obsessive. insane.gif

Hoot

Greg, 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

When DH posted his tantrum letter RE losing the ANA endorsement, then proceeded to edit out what he should not have said in the first place--- then

edited out portions from 3 separate posts by a ANA rep, I finally jumped in and called the whole thing "Hallgate" along with a few choice comments about "respect". Really thought I would get the boot for it but either he didn't see it (I highly doubt this!) or he ignored it.

And there is no doubt in my mind that he has a little book with the names of members who have at one time or another, said or implied any of the 6 points Greg brings up.

Welcome to Sleepy Hollow, Dragon!

David

Interesting. Laura (Legend) isn't banned (she posted to the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum yesterday), but Dragon is?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Sounds more like it's an admin kind of thing.

Another reason you can get banned is for owning a PCGS pedigreed Norweb Hibernia that was never part of the Norweb collection.

................. just kidding!

James

Our interactions, and your posting history, lead me to believe that PCGS would never want to ban you. The reason being is that you post material that is well thought out and informative, not for any "political" affiliation. Having written that, I will expect that your "banning" from PCGS was some sort of computer or administration glitch and that we won't see you again over here, which is truly the sad part.

Welcome to the club wink.gif Unlike here where we meet fair moderation and an owner willing to accept criticism, over there is ruled with an iron fist and any rocking of the boat will cause a gang plank stroll for you!

The guy has only posted here once in 6 months but my heart really goes out for him, of course! Why not! There's really no kind of life for him outside of the pcgs forum! 893whatthe.giffrown.gifsmirk.gif

For those that I may have offended with this post can "eat my shorts"! 27_laughing.gif

Yes, I know, Dragon is a great guy! It's no wonder why it has taken him longer to figure out that he's been running with the wrong crowd! 27_laughing.gif

Leo tonofbricks.gif

Well.....after 2 emails to the CU webmaster and 1 email to DH and no reply from anyone, I can now 100% assume that I was in fact banned and it wasn't some glitch.

I still don't see that anything I said there recently was all that bad, the hell with 'em. At least here I can go back to giving gmarguli a hard time, now HE'S a trouble maker devil.gif

Perhaps it was something you subconciously thought about PCGS that was less than flattering that made you get banned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, welcome back. smile.gif

Perhaps it was something you subconciously thought about PCGS that was less than flattering that made you get banned?

893whatthe.gif ROTFLMAO Good one Tom!

John

I didn't even know PCGS monitered their boards

Heck, it sounds like they're monitoring subconscious thought as well! 893whatthe.gif

In that case, I'm doomed on all boards (and everywhere else for that matter). sorry.gif

Hoot

I didn't even know PCGS graded coins. 893whatthe.gif

jom

• Administrator

Heck, it sounds like they're monitoring subconscious thought as well! 893whatthe.gif

In that case, I'm doomed on all boards (and everywhere else for that matter). sorry.gif

Hoot

Stay still!...I can't montior your thoughts if you keep moving insane.gif

Hoot

Stay still!...I can't montior your thoughts if you keep moving insane.gif

Captain, raise the thought shield! juggle.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hoot

Oooooops, looks like I wasn't banned after all.....it WAS just a computer glitch. Can admin delete this whole thread now???

dragon

Oooooops, looks like I wasn't banned after all.....it WAS just a computer glitch. Can admin delete this whole thread now???

dragon

See ya! hi.gif

I hope he gets banned for all the upset he caused. 893whatthe.gif

wink.gif Hoot

Bwaaahaaaaaaa!

SLay the Dragon!

makepoint.gif