• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from a long trip with a few goodies...

8 posts in this topic

Was gone for 2 weeks off to Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone... Very nice places... Stopped in Hoot's Area.. Montana... But while we were in Rapid City... Saw a coin shop and had to go... Well Out came a few goodies... 6 nickels and some filler pennies for my set....

Nickels were...

1913 T1 MS

1913 D T1 MS?(Weak Date etc, but with full horn etc)(Pics later)

1935 AU

1941 D FS MS(4 bucks is a steal)

1955 AU / MS(Nice toning)

1990 D MS

Here is the 1913 T1... tell me what you think... The spot you see on the I in Liberty is a toning spot... Also Liberty has some Machine doubling..

525521-13front.jpg

525521-13front.jpg.c0e0b5ea081d7ce26cb8bc6007179d2d.jpg

Sounds like a nice haul, Bruce! Nice buff to boot. So, you should have given me a yell! Pretty spot 'round here.

Hoot

We stopped in Billings and then went to Gardiner the next day.... total was about 4000 miles or so when we were done... What do you think that nick would grade? MS 65?

Tough to say what that nickel would grade, but I'd say 64-65 based on the photos. Better strike on the obverse than reverse. Darn nice coin, and worth submitting.

Hoot

Hey Hoot, when are you coming out my way? I've got some sushi sitting on the deck waiting for you. You don't want it to get cold, do you? insane.gif