• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Creates New Categories of Competitive Registry Sets by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Attention USA/Philippine collectors. NGC has created five new categories of competitive registry sets specifically for us. The additional categories are 1903 Proof Set, 1904 Proof Set, 1905 Proof Set, 1906 Proof Set, and 1908 Proof Set.

One of the things that I really love about NGC is how responsive they are to consumer input. Last week I phoned NGC and suggested that the Registry add additional categories for each of the five years that USA/Philippines Proof Sets were issued. Within twenty-four hours the new categories were added to the Registry.

I encourage all USA/Philippine collectors to join me in competing in the new categories.

Very special thanks to Max and the other staff at NGC for making these new competitive categories available.

The pictured coin is a 1903 Half Centavo PR66 RD.

11677.JPG

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

Glad they were so prompt to add your requested sets... makes those of us who have been waiting for many months for our requested sets feel so appreciated.

Overall NGC has a much better product than PCGS. The Collection Manager software is wonderful for keeping track of your inventory, and the Collectors Society Journals and Chat Boards provide a great service for the collector community. I also prefer the NGC holder over the PCGS holder. The NGC holder is more attractive and the PCGS holders scratch and scuff very easily. I really hate the new PCGS edge view holders. They just don't seem to fit the coins properly. I recently purchased a number of newly certified PCGS coins that were in the June 10, 2012 Dr. Greg Pineda Philippine Collection auction. The Half Centavo and One Centavo coins were all inserted in the PCGS edge view holders at weird angels. The crapy holders really detract from these rare and beautiful coins. When I submit raw coins for certification I only submit them to NGC. Unfortunately a majority of the higher grade USA/Philippine coins are PCGS certified.