• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will we ever get a break

11 posts in this topic

from this extreme heat

Greetings everyone. Well, if you have been in the midwest like me you know about the extreme heat we have been having. I haven't even looked at a coin for a week. A/C's been running 24/7. Man, it has gotta break soon (heat) (we can only hope) Today with the heat index it was 115 here in central IL.

Anyway hope everyone is staying cool.

I will leave you with our forecast for tomorrow from a local TV station.

11668.jpg

See more journals by moondoggy

Moondoggy.....

When you say -- it has to break soon -- You do mean the heat and not your A/C, right. :makepoint:

We are having a heat wave too, in southeastern North Carolina. 110* plus for the past four days. It has been rough outside caring for the cemeteries that I maintain.

I received a NGC certified coin in the mail yesturday and when I opened the package (mailing envelope) the slab was warm to the touch. It was only in my outdoor mail box for less then ten minutes.

Any one out there who has coins in the mail; keep an eye out for them cause this heat could do some damage to the coin.

Have fun

Jack

Hi Mike,

You guys sure are getting some toasty temps over there. We get the 90s and 100s over here but we usually get a nice breeze in the late afternoon and evening...and very low humidity. Also, our night time temps usually drop a good 30-40 degrees.

take care

jeffrey

Here's a tip for those not used to such heat... I keep the central air in the house set to around 75 degrees, and put high efficiency window units in the bedroom and office... my electricity consumption went down about 10 percent from previous years. (my bill shows an annual breakdown of usage)

Smaller electricity bill = more coins!

ouch, that's hot! Just started getting the normal hot temps here in Oregon, escaped to the coast for the last week, mid 60's during the day, mid 50's overnite, headed back into the heat today, yuk!