• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I crack out this 1921 Walker?

15 posts in this topic

That not even a really old ANACS holder. You want to look for letters in the serial number. It will also say ANA Grading instead of ANACS

What would be your motivation for cracking this coin? To put it in an album? To attempt an upgrade? To cross to another service? To examine in-hand?

My purpose to crack would to put in my Walker Set Album. Would I diminish the value of it to crack it out for this purpose.

Thank You.

Now THAT'S a GOOD question.

I don't think that it would hurt.

At that grade level, I believe that you could still sell it raw and get the same value for it, as you would, if it was slabbed. IMHO.

Being in an ANACS holder also makes it more crackable, as opposed to NGC/PCGS.

Even in the latter situation, I still believe that it wouldn't hurt you financially.

My purpose to crack would to put in my Walker Set Album. Would I diminish the value of it to crack it out for this purpose.

Thank You.

You want it in an album. It's your coin. Crack it out. If you ever need to get it into a holder again, it shouldn't be an issue, since it's a really nice, no problem VG coin.

jimbucks----If any of the 1921 Walkers were in say fine15 or higher graded holders, then I would say to leave it in the old holder----as the value jumps considerably;

However, in a VG holder such as this one, I see no reason not to crack it in order to place it in an album. It's value "raw" should not be affected to any degree worth worrying about.

I once cracked an older ANACS slabbed 1921D in fine12 in order to put it into an album. Never felt badly about doing it. Bob [supertooth]

It would look delightful in your album.

The slab is not scarce (later, white holder) and the coin appears properly graded and would fit nicely into a VG10 slab with anyones choice of Service later on should the need arise.

I'd say go for it.

Really no downside.

It would look delightful in your album.

The slab is not scarce (later, white holder) and the coin appears properly graded and would fit nicely into a VG10 slab with anyones choice of Service later on should the need arise.

I'd say go for it.

Really no downside.

(thumbs u

Thank You.

Then without hesitation, I'd crack it out if it were mine.

Thank You.

You want it in an album. It's your coin. Crack it out. If you ever need to get it into a holder again, it shouldn't be an issue, since it's a really nice, no problem VG coin.

(thumbs u