• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Son,Paper money and coins posted by lanebrad

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1st 70 in ASE

Well my son is back from Afganstain and I got to visit with him and his family of course my grandson was there he brought me home some Afganstain money not sure what I have yet but it ranges from a 10000 to a 10 bill and of course some coins. He told me that there is alot of old US money over there in coins but he thought they might be conterfiet cause he said the pennies were of a large size he wasnt familar with. anyway it was great seeing them. Secondly I picked up 3 coins a Mercury dine with was on a kind of a whim, but that ok then I added to my ASE my 1st 70 grade on that. Then a Franklin coin to add to that. So thanks Rick nice coins and again thanks for looking

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

Good to hear you son is home from Afghanistan.. hopefully for good!

Let you son know that the money over there is all fake. When I was at Bagram, I tried to have all the fake money pulled off the shelves. Soldiers are buying that stuff thinking its real and trying to resell the stuff once they return home. Tell him not to waste his money because who knows where that money ends up. We tried to start a campaign to remove our money (US Money) from the battlefield. When we bought items/services from the locals, we used their money (AFGHANIS).

Here is a link to the report my friend worked with the local newspaper outside of Fort Campbell..

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=12769743