• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin Census Question

36 posts in this topic

Yeah, I requested pics. In a continuing display of how awesome this Ebay seller is, this is his most recent email:

Dear physics-fan3.14,

HAHA too you to! You don't even know what a blue sheet is. Have absolutely know knowledge of the top two grading services. And I bet you have no friends. So get over yourself you failed and will continue to!

- octacircle

For anyone interested, this is the coin I was bidding on: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120924238368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1416

How did your interest in this one listing result in the long dialogue about top pops which don't exist? It seems pretty random. Also, why don't you print a copy of an actual Blue Sheet and scan it for him (or at least one page)? I cannot recall ever seeing anything above MS67 being listed in it for any series. Also, I can print the population report sections from PCGS for you to send to him.

Yeah, I requested pics. In a continuing display of how awesome this Ebay seller is, this is his most recent email:

Dear physics-fan3.14,

HAHA too you to! You don't even know what a blue sheet is. Have absolutely know knowledge of the top two grading services. And I bet you have no friends. So get over yourself you failed and will continue to!

- octacircle

For anyone interested, this is the coin I was bidding on: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120924238368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1416

How did your interest in this one listing result in the long dialogue about top pops which don't exist? It seems pretty random. Also, why don't you print a copy of an actual Blue Sheet and scan it for him (or at least one page)? I cannot recall ever seeing anything above MS67 being listed in it for any series. Also, I can print the population report sections from PCGS for you to send to him.

The fact that the Bluesheet doesn't include coins graded higher than 67 is a moot point. Because there are many coins graded above MS/PR 67, even though they are not included in the Bluesheet.

I suspect that going to the trouble to print out a pop report would be a big waste of time. First, coins could have been graded, but not yet show up on the report. And second, the guy doesn't seem to care about dealing with facts/reality.

The fact that the Bluesheet doesn't include coins graded higher than 67 is a moot point. Because there are many coins graded above MS/PR 67, even though they are not included in the Bluesheet.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree with you. I was mentioning the Blue Sheet and the population reports in case he truly is confused or has been mislead. It is possible that he owns fake PCGS slabs that have these grades on them (although obviously they are not legitimate). My response was made more as curiosity as to what his reaction would be when the Blue Sheet was actually cited against him.

I know it's not generally in my being to let things go, but on this one I would just avoid all further contact with this guy. He's an obviously confused and questionably sane person.

I know it's not generally in my being to let things go, but on this one I would just avoid all further contact with this guy. He's an obviously confused and questionably sane person.

I'd say there is not question about his sanity.

But maybe we can invoke the sanity clause.