• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Long Beach posted by G G's Keepers

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It's been three years since I actually bid in a Heritage auction.

Friends, I was helping a friend in the club that sent some real nice coins into Heritage for the auctions this week. It seemed the more I upped the bid on his coins over the past few days the more I REALLY wanted one, or 2, or more. Seriously I will have a little stretch but will be able to finance the single reminder of the auction that I won today.

Here is the auction pic of my new Roosevelt---1981D MS68FT if it loads. If not I will surely get a pic loaded as soon as she gets here.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

11451.jpg

See more journals by G G's Keepers

Kenneth, I sat through almost 2000 coins until the three FT dimes that Schatzy had in there showed up. There was fierce competition on everything that sold. All sales finalized well over their Numismedia Wsl. Price except a very few. This dime was one of the few.

mkman123, PCGS or NGC?? ----NGC population 10/0

Thanks Guys-----Rick

Rick -

I agree a beautiful dime. There are lots of FT dimes from both mints in 1981, but very few that make the 68 grade, as atested by the 10/0 population. I've probably looked through a thousand P/D coins and came up with one that turned out to be a 68 FT. That coin was an 81 P, which resides proudly in my collection.

Good score!

Todd

Kenneth, I sat through almost 2000 coins until the three FT dimes that Schatzy had in there showed up. There was fierce competition on everything that sold. All sales finalized well over their Numismedia Wsl. Price except a very few. This dime was one of the few.

mkman123, PCGS or NGC?? ----NGC population 10/0

Thanks Guys-----Rick

Yea, I guess I was going after some "hard to find" coins... selling price on most were twice realized prices.. I did put a good fight.. have to wait until next time.